Page 1 of 2
Hey,

Probably loads of these threads already out there, but all the same I am interested in why you all started. So not the how, with what guitar and methodology but just the why.

I wanted to learn guitar after I heard Stevie Ray Vaughan the for the first time because of my step-dad. Which was at the age of 13/14 but started ten years later, yeah I know bad. This was due money issues and time issues. I did play the saxophone in that time and I am going to start that one too.
I liked smoking dope.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I had no self esteem, so I thought that if I learned how to play Wonderwall on an acoustic I'd finally get some 12 year old pussy.

I was 12 too when I started...
I wasn't allowed to get a drum kit
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Too old to remember.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I started because the first time I played guitar I completely fell in love and I kept wanting to pick up the guitar even though I had blisters from playing.
to slay christians with my axe
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
i stared because of a girl. yup, i'm that guy. she liked a guy that played and i figured that if i played too she'd notice me. buuuuuut..... that was a few years ago and i kept playing because i fell in love with the guitar

btw, it worked but we didnt last long, go figure
My sig? Nice.
Quote by slash_angus_VH
to slay christians with my axe

BRING IT.

OT: I don't even remember why I asked for a guitar, probably because I couldn't think of anything else I wanted for Christmas. Best decision I ever made though
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
AC/DC Back In Black.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
because drums were too expensive for starting-price and I got a guitar for free. It was hearing RHCP the first time that made me actually want to play though, and it was hearing Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Muse that made me want to be a musician.
Quote by boreamor
So I could join Ultimate Guitar and learn how to use the Search Bar.

I actually laughed quite a bit at that.
REGGIE
Quote by BurningTurkey
i stared because of a girl. yup, i'm that guy. she liked a guy that played and i figured that if i played too she'd notice me. buuuuuut..... that was a few years ago and i kept playing because i fell in love with the guitar

Ha, same. Also to show this one guy up at my middle school. I was 13 I think, so that was like 6 or 7 years ago now.
My dad played when I was growing up, but I never did. Then one day, (at 38) I'm playing guitar hero, and said "This sucks" and bought a real guitar. Now all that guitar hero stuff just sits around, and I have three guitars...
Quote by CJoZ
My dad played when I was growing up, but I never did. Then one day, (at 38) I'm playing guitar hero, and said "This sucks" and bought a real guitar. Now all that guitar hero stuff just sits around, and I have three guitars...

See, I don't get this with guitarists disliking/bashin on guitar hero. It's a game.
It's like saying "So you're a pro at CoD? Come back when you can kill real people, faggit!!"
REGGIE
I was asking for Guitar Hero 3 for Christmas many years back, and My grandmother got me a guitar instead. At first I was bummed, now I'm going to fail classes because music consumes every waking moment of my life.
I played Guitar Hero and thought, "This is pretty awesome, so real guitar must be even more awesome", and what do you know!
Quote by wizards?
I want to buy a 7 string guitar, and tune it to Cabbage.

That was on topic, I swear.
To try to get in the pants of Gothic chicks. I mis being 12....
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Because I love the sound of a bass (play bass by the way), my friend was a guitarist and I wanted to perform on stage, with my buddy's makin some sweet ass metal.. WOOOOOOOO
I hated sports, my father was a blues player, and his friend was a jazz player, so growing up around them inspired me to pick up guitar. I was about 14 or 15.
My Dad gave me a guitar when I was around 10. I did it at first just to gain his approval. Then eventually I was hooked.
Quote by Domino
I wasn't allowed to get a drum kit

Same here! Then my grandfather got me into classical guitar, wish I could still play like that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Because ever since I started listening to pop/rock music as a kid, I wanted to write and play my own songs.
i heard 'i play the guitar' is an awesome pick-up line.

i'm going into medicine for the same reason.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Well there was a guitar laying around my house and one of those step by step beginner guitar books so I just started going through it, once I finished it I just kept going, I think alot of it having to do with my parents not letting me play computer games and not watch too much TV.
I was told that it would get me laid.

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Page 1 of 2