I've been looking online and saw this tele, it looks pretty nice, good specs, plus some say that they are better than the fender mexican teles which is good considering the price difference here. But I have one question to anyone who has one, or any other info is appreciated...

The body is made of pine, which to my knowledge is a softwood and surely this would lead to the body getting chipped easily? I am reasonably careful but with general accidents/clumsiness that happens would it not lead to it taking damage?

Thanks for reading.
My name is Jack.
I wouldn't worry about the pine being less durable than the substitutes. I've heard good things about this model also. But with Squier, one could be great and the next could be total crap. It's best to go to the store and try them out cause they're not all good ones.
Quote by adambauman31
I wouldn't worry about the pine being less durable than the substitutes. I've heard good things about this model also. But with Squier, one could be great and the next could be total crap. It's best to go to the store and try them out cause they're not all good ones.

From what I hear, this model is the more consistent one in the Squier family. I was actually planning on getting it until I found a used Fender Tele Deluxe for around the same price.
Don't worry about the strength of the wood; the strength of the finish will protect your guitar.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i think it's coming out in a new colour (butterscotch), just to let you know if you haven't heard already.

No idea about pine, I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The classic vibes are some of the much better Squier's I would say they are about the same as a Standard Tele maybe even a little better.

As for the body being pine I can't really say because I have no experience with them but I don't think it would matter much as long as you don't drop it/slam it into things a lot.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I've got that exact guitar, and it absolutely fantastisc! Its a really great guitar, the neck is thinner than normal telecaster necks, and the finish on the neck makes it really nice, definitely the best neck ive played yet..

The sound too is great, you can get a lot of cool tones from it, from the really thin twangy country sound from the bridge pickup to a much more thick and almost warm sound on the neck pickup, and the middle position has this thick but at the same time very sharp sound..

About the wood, Ive had mine for a couple of months now, and ive yet to make a dent or anything, and i have played it extensively..

As a little addon, my friend, a guitarist through almost 15 years, tried this guitar, he normally plays SG's and les pauls, but the day after he tried mine, he went out and bought one himself..

Its incredible for the price, and ive got no doubt that it can stand up to most MiM teles without any problem..! - i too heard the rumor that a butterscotch color is coming out?
I'd rather have one of those than a MIM telecaster, or even one of the MIK ash teles. They are amazing guitars at that price. Pine is a fantastic sounding tonewood with single coils, it's got a really sweet sounding treble register and is very well balanced. With a pickup change I think that squier would hang with just about any production Fender, tonewise. The neck isn't great but that's what you get on a squier.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think it's coming out in a new colour (butterscotch), just to let you know if you haven't heard already.

No idea about pine, I haven't tried it.

The Butterscotch one is a Classic Vibe 50s, which has an alder body, the Sunburst one is the CV 60s. Only the 60s has a Pine body.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
The original telecasters were actually made of pine, i dont quite know why it was not used as much in later years considering there are a fair few people who use early telecasters because pine is a good tonewood.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by kangaxxter
The Butterscotch one is a Classic Vibe 50s, which has an alder body, the Sunburst one is the CV 60s. Only the 60s has a Pine body.

Not true, I've got a 50's and its pine, the butterscotch one will also be pine..
Quote by Tobyflyr
Not true, I've got a 50's and its pine, the butterscotch one will also be pine..

yeah, i messed that one up. It is the 50s that is pine, the 60s that is alder.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I stopped myself from picking this guitar up 2 or 3 times, actually. I speak very highly of it to those who ask. It's definitely a great guitar for the price.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Cheers for all the replies.

This gives me a lot of reassurance about buying one if I like it, thanks for all the other info as well guys.
My name is Jack.
Pine is a softwood, but still reletivly dense. They use it for flooring and furniture. Its not going to dent easily. Ask my ugly coffee table.
I actually like a good dent and scratch on my guit here and there. But I've never heard of it being a problem on a pine guitar nevertheless. The CV is a sick axe for what you pay, go for it!
I personally own this guitar. It is solid! Sounds great! Has a great feel and a great neck.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner