Just started learning now...hope to be a pro someday. I use a cheap acoustic . The gap between strings and fretboard is too much. Need to change that. Any suggestions ?
Best thing to do is see if you can bring the neck relief down with the truss rod. On acoustics the adjusting nut for this is just inside the sound hole.

For adjusting martin style truss rods (likely to be the one you have), tightening will bow the neck in the opposite direction to the strings thus counterracting the string tensions and straightening the neck

Failing this you may be able to lower the bridge down depending on what type of bridge you have. Some acoustic bridges have a removable saddle so you could possible take it out and take some off the bottom to make it sit lower.
Last edited by matt154 at Apr 8, 2011,
Adjusting the truss rod isn't the thing to do, that's for the neck relief, not the action.
So unless your neck isn't perfectly straight, don't touch the truss rod.

Here's a guide on lowering acoustic action.
Or you can take it to a store if you don't want to risk messing up!
Good luck
I was assuming the neck wasn't straight resulting in a high action, if not then yeah do that ^. Lowering the action is a bit more labour intensive than a simple adjustment.
Quote by matt154
I was assuming the neck wasn't straight resulting in a high action, if not then yeah do that ^. Lowering the action is a bit more labour intensive than a simple adjustment.

Fair enough, think I saw your comment before the edit aswell
Quote by matt154
What edit?

<_<

>_>

Oh, I mean...
I forgot to read your whole comment...