Budget: Flexible, I am willing to save up for awhile to get something good.
Genres: Everrrything, mostly metal based.
New or Used: Probably new this time, not sure if I would trust used pickups.
Home or Gig: Both
Closest City: Lansing, MI
Current Gear: ISP: Decimator G String, Ibanez: TS7, Boss: DD3, Ibanez: s570b, GFS Electronics: GFT-90, Avatar: G212c, Carvin: x100b, Peavey: 6505, Danelectro: PB&J, Dunlop: Jimi Hendrix Wah

Looking for something articulate, able to go heavy, and clean.

The Pups in my 570 are really muddy, which I knew about before getting the thing, and I'm looking for something to replace them.

Have heard good things about Bareknuckles, but a set would probably cost more than half my guitar.

So, I just need some good humbuckers, and a good single coil.

tl;dr L2read
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
mick thomson series blackouts ahb3 emty these will never get muddy... ever sound especially brilliant in drop tunings has a searing high end. I think these would suit well also the cleans are good u can get alot of tones out.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-AHB3-Mick-Thomson-EMTY-Signature-Blackouts-Active-Humbucker-Set?sku=584284
check them out ^
edit: however these are active pups so Im not sure this is what exactly you need but I have the neck and bridge pickup in my peavey and it rocks the house
Knockoff Fender
83' Peavey Milestone << Favorite
Line 6 Spider IV
Last edited by man_on_the_moon at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by man_on_the_moon
mick thomson series blackouts ahb3 emty these will never get muddy... ever sound especially brilliant in drop tunings has a searing high end. I think these would suit well also the cleans are good u can get alot of tones out.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-AHB3-Mick-Thomson-EMTY-Signature-Blackouts-Active-Humbucker-Set?sku=584284
check them out ^

Sorry, I really should have been a tad more specific.

I don't want actives.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I've heard good things about the DiMarzio D-Sonic or CrunchLab for the bridge, and the Air Norton or Liquifire for the neck. That's more of a progressive/metal sound (maybe not what you're after) but they seem to be pretty popular - especially in Ibanez guitars.

On the Seymour Duncan front I know a lot of people that like the JB or the Custom for the bridge, and the '59 or the Jazz for the neck. That may be more of a rock setup than something geared for metal, but those are pretty versatile pickups. Good cleans, some nice crunch when the amp is pushed, and they can get pretty heavy too (maybe not EMG/Blackout heavy, but decent). FWIW - Zacky Vengeance from A7X plays with a JB in the bridge and the neck, and his tone has a pretty heavy crunch.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by hendrixian1
I have heard some really good thing about these guys http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Pickups_c_7.html. I HAVE NOT used them though so I can't truly recommend them from experience. I just have heard that they are a great value. Check out some reviews on em.

I have used GFS pickups before and I can recommend them. Amazing bang-for-the-buck (most of their pickups are only like $35). The next pickups I get are probably going to be something like what I mentioned in my post above because I'm looking to get a specific tone. But if you're on a budget GFS pickups are hard to beat.
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Well, I do have these old Seymour Duncan PUPs laying around.

One is a Distortion HB SH-6b and the other Seymour Duncan JB model hb sh-4

Not sure if those would be decent
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Hell, if you have them sitting around it can't hurt to try!

Or send them to me
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by 57Goldtop
Hell, if you have them sitting around it can't hurt to try!

Or send them to me

Well, I remember pulling them from an old guitar I had, long story.

I just was wondering if anybody knows anything about those pups, or if I should just sell and buy something better.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
It's hard to say whether they're "better" or not. They have their own tone. It depends on how heavy you want. You said you didn't want actives, but is that the kind of direction you want to go (tone-wise)? If you want something ultra-heavy then they might not be the best fit.

Or are you more concerned with something that can get heavy but also have good cleans / crunch? I think those would do the trick in that case.

And I'm serious, I'll take those off your hands if you don't want them No cash at the moment, but I'm always willing to trade gear...
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I have the same guitar and wasn't real thrilled with the infinity pickups. I went with the Dimarzio Super Distortion at the bridge and left the single and neck pickups alone. I am very pleased with the sound because you get that added gain and punch from the bridge pickup, but still have alot of versitility with the others. I also run a Peavey amp (mine is a transtube 212 efx) so with the sounds of both, you can get any desired sound you want.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Well, I do have these old Seymour Duncan PUPs laying around.

One is a Distortion HB SH-6b and the other Seymour Duncan JB model hb sh-4

Not sure if those would be decent

I'd say try them, my instincts say the Distortion would be a better fit for you. As far as the neck goes...you *could* put the JB there, just don't expect to get any clean tones out of it, it'll be pretty full on...could be fun though if that's your kind of thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For the single coil, i'd suggest going with something mellow and noiseless. That way you can rely on just that pick-up to handle your clean tones. For the humbuckers, the dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire set really sounds like a winner. Fairly metal oriented, but just balanced enough to be versatile. Head on over to dimarzio to check out some of the sound clips.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join