2. no vs threads please
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Marshall. Mesa sucks. I could go into detail but basically, Marshall = agressive in your face tight cutting tone, Mesa = muddy, a lot looser bottom end, and overpriced.

Get a JCM800 and a boost pedal.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by DarylCooper
Marshall. Mesa sucks. I could go into detail but basically, Marshall = agressive in your face tight cutting tone, Mesa = muddy, a lot looser bottom end, and overpriced.

WTF are you nuts?

but thanks for the sig
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by DarylCooper

and marshalls arnt overpriced?
that's what i thought too xDDDDDDD

and when i think of a dual rec, i think of a low metal riff with loads of mids and bass xDDD
i may be wrong
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Well I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 dual rec for a jvm410h. Never played the marshall. Im into creed alter bridge staind pearl jam soundgarden rage smashing pumpkins audioslave etc
Quote by DarylCooper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA GTFO.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by wick001
What do you guys think?

I own a 2010 Dual Rec, Thinking of trading it in for a JVM410h

two different sounds man, the recto is going to be more modern sounding for sure, but the Marshall is better suited for a thrash/british sound....if you like it go for it, but i'd expect some cash as well, otherwise you're being ripped off
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by wick001
Well I have an opportunity to trade my 2010 dual rec for a jvm410h. Never played the marshall. Im into creed alter bridge staind pearl jam soundgarden rage smashing pumpkins audioslave etc

nevah

the rec is a great amp, do you like the sound of it?
i assume it's a yes, as you have bought it

so keep it, you'll regret it a lot xD
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Mesas ARE overpriced IF you are in the uk and marshalls are not too bad if a bit still overpriced but not as much as mesa.
Its the other way around in the ole USA
Also wick001 keep your flextone

maybe traade it for a 6505 with a valve king cab
so in the rest of the world is it both much overpriced?

a 410 goes for 1400 euro new or smth like that...
and a dual rec 1400 euro 2nd handed...
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
I love the sound of the mesa, you may ask why then would i want to trade it? well i've never had a marshall, so i'm just curious about it.
Quote by megano28
two different sounds man, the recto is going to be more modern sounding for sure, but the Marshall is better suited for a thrash/british sound....if you like it go for it, but i'd expect some cash as well, otherwise you're being ripped off

I agree each has its place, but personaly I'd keep the Mesa. The JVM sound great if you play that kind of style. I preffer the modern American "big bottom end".
When I think of Mesa, I think Suicide Silence brutality. When I think Marshall I think well....Green Day.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by wick001
I love the sound of the mesa, you may ask why then would i want to trade it? well i've never had a marshall, so i'm just curious about it.

go to a shop and test it out

don't make it that bad deal....

a dual rec is much better than a JVM

Quote by DroptuneD
When I think of Mesa, I think Suicide Silence brutality. When I think Marshall I think well....Green Day.

greenday sucks!
i have to learn a song with the schoolband :S
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by coolstoryangus
Mesas ARE overpriced IF you are in the uk and marshalls are not too bad if a bit still overpriced but not as much as mesa.
Its the other way around in the ole USA

+1

FWIW I wouldn't trade a mesa for a jvm or jcm, but I'm probably a bit biased by UK prices for the things, where a recto is worth twice (if not more) what those marshalls are worth. Although you tell yourself a lot of that price is just the European markup, it's hard not to think it's a bit better too.

EDIT: obviously it depends on what you play too, but if I wanted a hot-rod marshall tone and I lived in the US, I wouldn't be buying a new marshall either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall = british/vintage tone. Mesa = modern, more scooped tone. If you like your sound dont get rid of it. If you want a marshall, save up for one and have both.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
and marshalls arnt overpriced?

Used ones certainly aren't.

Mesas are decent, but nothing special. Marshall is no different.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Used ones certainly aren't.

Mesas are decent, but nothing special. Marshall is no different.

IMO every used amp is cheap ( in the USA )
( cuz here a xxx half stack for 1000 euro :'( )
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by DarylCooper

Quote by GS LEAD 5

the harder this, the better sig
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by GS LEAD 5

wait
um
What harder?

facepalm

and the parametric eq is pretty good IMO ( what you gave to me thanks a lot )
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Me lovez a good parametric EQ.

i dont xD

wanna trade for your mesa? ( i dont know you have one xD ) <--- maybe you'll change your text to properly english XD
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
i dont xD

wanna trade for your mesa? ( i dunno you have one xD )

I haz no Mesa, but I haz FOUR MESA CHANNULZ!
DIJITEK AR PEE FAAV HUNDRED!!! 4 AADUNTICAL MAADELS!!!!

Scratch 2C Positive, Scratch Four, the Double Correcter and the TRIPLE CORRECTER!!!
I have played both, the jvm sounds pretty good, but is a different animal kingdom fron the Mesa

The Mesa (as you know) sounds massive and can get a pretty wide variety of tones, but all of them are fairly scooped (when compared to british voicings)
That being said, they can sound a but mushy, but a good tubescreamer can fix that

The jvm is tight and aggressive, less huge sounding, but brutal in it's own way, it can get get a pretty wide variety if tones but not as wide as the Mesa

That being said, I personally have found I like the hybrid voicings of German amps (engl, fryette, Hughes and kettner) or super hot rodded british voiced amps (Splawn Nitro, Baron B120/B60, Titan amps)

These amps tend to have large sounds while being tight and clear, plus, they can be tweaked to go in either direction, that is tweaked to be looser or tighter
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Last edited by Metalmaker at Apr 8, 2011,
I prefer Mesa. I also Prefer EMG's...so you can probably imagine that I like the extra mid presence. A Mesa can? be a bit disappointing to some players because the range in tone is so wide that it can take quite a while to dial in what they want. Mesas IMO have shown me the most diversity in guitar tone. Small differences that are usually taken for granted can make one guitar dramatically different. With a little work, you can actually dial in some tones that closely resemble rock, early metal and punk recordings done on Marshalls.

I think rhythm is the true fork in the road between Marshall and Mesa players. Thats when they become totally different animals. IMO they can both satisfy most players when it comes to lead (riffs and Solos)...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Washburnd Fretz

I think rhythm is the true fork in the road between Marshall and Mesa players. Thats when they become totally different animals. IMO they can both satisfy most players when it comes to lead (riffs and Solos)...

I agree with this. I love mesa lead tones, but dont really care too much for the rhythm tones. Its a british amp for me any day of the week. (not to say I wouldn't mind owning a mesa, I really like the stiletto deuce)
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
You could sell the dual rec and buy one of the british voiced mesa's if you want
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by DroptuneD

then you must be thinking wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38m-xGX7io
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7fjt7NotUo

certainly not as modern as what is demanded now, but it can get heavy
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by shikkaka
I agree with this. I love mesa lead tones, but dont really care too much for the rhythm tones. Its a british amp for me any day of the week. (not to say I wouldn't mind owning a mesa, I really like the stiletto deuce)

Lolwut?

As far as recto's are concerned, I've heard the very opposite.
the JVM is a totally differently voiced amp to the Mesa, personally i wouldn't consider that trade to be fair in terms of quality sound and price.

Quote by DarylCooper

get back to your hole willis, there is no place for you in this thread
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by wick001
What do you guys think?

I own a 2010 Dual Rec, Thinking of trading it in for a JVM410h

You get stupider with every thread you post.

Troll.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
as much as i'm not a fan of the 2010 dual recto...

I absolutely hate the jvm.

when I started playing my gc had a whole bunch of marshalls, jvm, jcm2000, whatever. I thought high gain amps were supposed to sound that way.

I bought nothing but clean amps for a year.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The JVM is badly fizzy, weighs a lot, and I couldn't get any particularly nice tones from it. It was OK, but really nothing special.
I didn't spend that long dialling it in though, about an hour. But if you can't get a good tone after an hour of tweaking, something aint right.
hang on are you the same guy who wanted to take the 2010 Dual Rec back to a shop because there was a slight imperfection in the covering??

seriously dude, **** the hell off. you have had so many threads about THE SAME ****ING THING and you're still unsure of the amp you have?? christ how insecure about your judgements are you??

go to EG. they like your kind over there....
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Page 1 of 2