Hey guys,

Im planning on getting a new amp in the very new future, hopefully this weekend, and its going to be more of a high gain amp, so I want to A/B it with my Vox. Ive seen quite a few online and stuff, but I want one that won't suck my tone and all. I don't really want to spend more than $100 bucks, but that shouldn't really be an issue as I haven't really seen all that many above that price.

So what are some reccomendations? I saw the T-Rex Ployswitch, and there were a few others like the Bigshot, the Morleys, a Live Wire, and a Whirlwind. Have any of you tried any of these out? Im leaning towards the T-Rex as I know those are quality pedals. I don't need the A/B/Y feature, but it would be a nice feature.

What do you think?

And just to clarify, the AB switches let me use one guitar with two amps, and by pushing the button it switches from each amp? Correct?

Thanks!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I picked up a used Radial A/B/Y for 35$ (CDN). It's nothing special but it does the job.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Correct, but each amp needs a separate speaker load. (i.e. it's not a head switcher)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by DroptuneD
I picked up a used Radial A/B/Y for 35$ (CDN). It's nothing special but it does the job.

Is it noisy or buzzy or anything?

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Correct, but each amp needs a separate speaker load. (i.e. it's not a head switcher)

Right, it would be a combo AC15 into a Combo Jet City. That would work?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've only used it twice but I didn't notice extra noise or anything. I really don't need one I just grabbed it because it was 35$
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by diceksox1809
Is it noisy or buzzy or anything?

Right, it would be a combo AC15 into a Combo Jet City. That would work?

Bingo.

Shouldn't be noisy since it's just a simple signal router - no different from your pickup selector, really - but because it's a simple stomp switch you might hear a click when you change between amps.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Cool thanks. And how would I use effect pedals with one of these? Because the amp outputs are going straight into this pedal, and not into the other effects into a chain?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Guitar - AB box
A - pedal chain A - Amp A
B - pedal chain B - Amp B

You can't use the same pedal in both chains without a lot of messing around with cables, if that's what you're asking.

Alright thanks.

Still, for whoever may own one, recommendations would be superb.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Does anybody have suggestions on which Box to get?

Thanks
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
^ the Whirlwind A/B Box. It's pricey, but awesome.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Whirlwind-Selector-AB-Box?sku=156400

Quote by diceksox1809
Cool thanks. And how would I use effect pedals with one of these? Because the amp outputs are going straight into this pedal, and not into the other effects into a chain?

Hopefully, your amps outputs are going into speakers..................
Put the A/B selector at the very end of your pedal chain so that your pedals can be used for both amps, or in the begining of your pedal chain if you only want effects for one amp. (or anywhere in between)
Last edited by Gutch220 at Apr 9, 2011,