Hey I got some Ernie Ball Hybrids a few weeks ago and just recently, the 3rd string would make a *ting!* noise and would go flat or sharp (depending if I am trying to tune it up or down). Is this what is known as "string slippage"? I hope it doesn't break and stringslap me ... Thanks
EDIT: So is it time to change my strings?
Which string do you refer to as the 3rd string? The G string (giggidy)? Use some graphite lube on the bridge and saddles
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
yeah THAT string lmao. Kinda scared to lift up the string from the nut to lube it. Is using a pencil fine? Or do i have to buy the "nut sauce"(some dude had it on a youtube vid)
But does that explain why the string is making a *ting!* noise at the headstock when i try to tune it?
Quote by DigitalPimpSlap
yeah THAT string lmao. Kinda scared to lift up the string from the nut to lube it. Is using a pencil fine? Or do i have to buy the "nut sauce"(some dude had it on a youtube vid)
But does that explain why the string is making a *ting!* noise at the headstock when i try to tune it?

You can use the lead of a pencil. But stuff like Big Bends Nut Sauce works better for longer. Just loosen the strings enough to so they lift off the nut easily enough. Or change all your strings, and lube the nut and saddle when you have the string off. The string might be getting caught on something in the nut.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Awesome thanks. I'll be getting new strings tomorrow. I'll see if that have the lube at my local music store, never been to it though
You can also find graphite powder at most anyplace that makes keys.

Myself, I use a mixture of petroleum jelly and graphite powder.

Edit:
Your string is probably sticking in the nut.