So I'm buying some Bare Knuckles and I can't make up my mind on which set I should get. I've pretty much got it set between the Painkiller and the Nailbomb, but I can't make up my mind. The stuff I'll be playing with the guitar is mainly heavier stuff, like BTBAM, but I want it to be able to get at least decent cleans. I am going to run it with a 5 way switch, so I'll be able to split the pickups. I'm running a Metal Muff into a Classic 30. Pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

Any suggestions?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
email tim from BKP and tell him what you want and your gear: he'll give you an advice.
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Hi dude

I bought nailbombs and also got a 5 way switch. Bridge is very nice! Perfect for metal and by using the 5 way switch it sounds nice as singel coil. Neck honestly sucks at high gain but is veeery nice as singel coil.

I dont know why my neck pickup does not sound good. There is no attack, no sustain or anything. Blah. Been fighting it a while by raising the hight of the pickup without any result.

But otherwise im happy. And the color of your text sucks

Good luck!
Quote by bartnijman
email tim from BKP and tell him what you want and your gear: he'll give you an advice.

This. Whenever people have questions about BKPs the answer is always the same. Ask Tim!
I asked a similar question on the BKP forums about what pickups to get for BTBAM style tones.

I think you would enjoy a Nailbomb bridge, paired with a Cold Sweat in the neck.
The Nailbomb has plenty of midrange snarl and a tight low end, while being organic and smooth for lead work. I can't think of a better pickup for the kind of tones Protest the Hero or BTBAM go for, and I find it very capable of that slightly squishy Necrophagist tone too when desired.
The Cold Sweat in the neck is a firm favourite for many players - very articulate, clear and "tubular". It's a great match with the Nailbomb bridge in terms of output as well as voicing.

Email Tim with your guitar specs/what equipment you use/tone your looking for and listen to the samples on each pickup page.
I hate reaing your posts. You're a cool dude, but your style doesn't jive with my UG classic.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll email him.

Quote by JustRooster
I hate reaing your posts. You're a cool dude, but your style doesn't jive with my UG classic.

Stopped reading at "You're a cool dude."

(Invalid img)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Apr 8, 2011,
I would use Dimarzio DActivators if I were chasing the BTBAM tone.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I would use Dimarzio DActivators if I were chasing the BTBAM tone.

Well I'm not trying to mimic their tone. Just get a good tone that would work with their music.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
it depends a lot on ur guitar wood as well.

mahogany + maple cap + cold sweat neck + nailbomb bridge = JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Anyway, to actually contribute...

A good friend of my that I session with has a set of Nailbombs in the bridge of his Carvin, and they're absolutely crunchy. The only way I could describe it is like a chocolate covered rice krispie treat. You bite in, and it's crunchy, but viscous.

He also has them in a $1,200 Carvin, so I'm sure the guitar had a lot to do with it, but even so, that experience left me with a wonderful opinion of the Nailbomb.

Are you dropping these into your Gibson?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

Are you dropping these into your Gibson?

Nah, these are going in my Ibanez. I think I might just stick with the set of Nailbombs, because buying the set is like $60 cheaper than buying the bridge and neck separate.

and darkslateblue, just for you....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦