Does anybody own a V3m yet? I've listened to some videos and it sound pretty good. Would be able to get good cleans to heavy distortion? I play in a couple of bands and I need from classic rock levels of gain to protest the hero levels. It seems way more versitile than peavey 6505+ I was gonna get

Budget: I have about $1300 (US) saved up.

Styles: Prog metal, shred, blues, rock - just about everything (Protest the Hero, Mastodon, Coheed and Cambria, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Cage the Elephant, RHCP are good examples)

I'm thinking of ordering one when they come in stock. My only qualm is that I'm basically buying blind. But Carvin offers a return policy so that helps?

Yay or Nay on this idea?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Fix your sig spelling.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I say Yay. Go for it, its a versatile 3 channel amp. Wish you could grab one secondhand though, seeing as the normal 100w V3 goes for ~500-600 used.
I don't know, from the clips I've heard it sounds like a Dual Rectifier without the balls.
VERY smooth, American voicing, not necessarily what you might want for the music you play.
Maybe a good amp for lead playing though.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Fix your sig spelling.

I never even noticed that. Thanks
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
With $1300, I'd look more at the standard V3 than the V3M. More features/more versetile. I got mine new for $850...they are on sale now for $870....with a cab $1350....seems right in the ballpark.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune