Is it just me or does the beer 'becks' stink of weed when you first open it?

My friend said i'm stupid but in this one case I believe I am correct.
becks is great, dont really see the weed thing though.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
thats the hops. If you drink a really hoppy beer, it will smell even more like weed. Like a barleywine or something.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I have heard this, and get where you're coming from, but if it did really smell like weed - it's really bad weed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'd agree and also add this to the fray:

So does Stella Artois.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
yeh i thought so too

but i still prefer desperado's
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I had a beer once that smelled and tasted like chronic. Probably Becks.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Quote by PlayMadness

Exactly where my mind went, and I'm, quite nancily, pissed off.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I've never had Becks, but I once had a beer that smelled like Fruity Pebbles cereal. Leinenhuegel's or something.
Quote by Miniskirt

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/recreationaldrugs/hops.htm
"Those with a green thumb, might be interested in the fact that the hop vine can be successfully grafted to marijuana root stock. What the grower ends up with is a hop vine loaded with marijuana's active resins. The crushed, dried leaves work as potently as grass when smoked. However, the plant looks just like a legal hop vine, keeping the curious from knowing what is being raised in the grower's garden of delights."

...thank you, I never really liked miniskirts before this moment.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by fortysix&2
...thank you, I never really liked miniskirts before this moment.

Not sure how well that specific part works actually, despite them being related. You should research it a little more. >.>

As I've also read this:
"One of the most persistent myths in marijuana lore concerns grafting Cannabis to its closest relative. Humulus, the hops plant of beer-making fame. The myth is that a hops scion (shoot or top portion of the stem) grafted to a marijuana stock (lower stem and root) will contain the active ingredients of marijuana. The beauty of such a graft is that it would be difficult to identify as marijuana and, possible, the plant would not be covered under marijuana statutes. Unfortunately, the myth is false. It is possible to successfully graft Cannabis with Humulus, but the hops portion will not contain any cannabinoids."
Last edited by Miniskirt at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by Dempsey68
yeh i thought so too

but i still prefer desperado's

Quote by Dempsey68
i still prefer desperado's

Quote by Dempsey68
desperado's

Quote by Dempsey68
desperado's

Quote by Dempsey68
desperado's

Someone give this man a prize, he has taste and style.

Desperardos are the first few drinks I have on a night out. And I drank Becks earlier, I drink it so much Im used to the weed smell.
I don't know what Becks smells like...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Honestly, Becks is disgusting. My least tolerable Beer, which is saying something, cause there is some shite out there.
Quote by andyscoot
Honestly, Becks is disgusting. My least tolerable Beer, which is saying something, cause there is some shite out there.

Eh I get it when I can't be bothered to go to a real shop, best I can get from the shop round the corner.

It's better than most cheap beers anyway, I used to a bud guy but I don't think I am anymore.
Quote by guitar12
Eh I get it when I can't be bothered to go to a real shop, best I can get from the shop round the corner.

It's better than most cheap beers anyway, I used to a bud guy but I don't think I am anymore.

Anythings better than fucking Carling. If I wanted to drink cat piss, I'd pick up one of my cats and squeeze them hard over my face.

Only time I'd EVER drink that stuff is if it's chap and I'm low on dosh.
Quote by Moggan13
Someone give this man a prize, he has taste and style.

lol xD

i'd sig this if i had space =P
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Miniskirt
Not sure how well that specific part works actually, despite them being related. You should research it a little more. >.>

As I've also read this:
"One of the most persistent myths in marijuana lore concerns grafting Cannabis to its closest relative. Humulus, the hops plant of beer-making fame. The myth is that a hops scion (shoot or top portion of the stem) grafted to a marijuana stock (lower stem and root) will contain the active ingredients of marijuana. The beauty of such a graft is that it would be difficult to identify as marijuana and, possible, the plant would not be covered under marijuana statutes. Unfortunately, the myth is false. It is possible to successfully graft Cannabis with Humulus, but the hops portion will not contain any cannabinoids."

I figured this, but the tops wouldn't be the bright green they look for from helicopters, just grafting the tops could be perfect - people tend to top their plants anyway
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by Dempsey68
lol xD

i'd sig this if i had space =P

Do it before I punch you in the gooch.
its either because the beer has gone bad due to it being bottled in a green bottle and then imported (and is damaged due to being light struck), or because thats how its intended to taste. ive never been over in europe to try beck's, so i cant really say with certainly which is the case, but its most likely one of the two. having tried the american import of it, id be willing to bet its the former.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
If you're talking about the skunky smell some beers have, it's usually because they're stored in a bottle that lets too much sunlight in which causes a reaction with certain compounds in hops.
Quote by crazy8rgood

No.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Dude, I'm smoking some weed and it tastes like Becks. wtf?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]