right, i have recently just started to play the piano and now i need my own set of keys! my teacher told me not to get a cheap keyboard as they wont last me very long and the keys on a keyboard and the keys on a piano are totally different, instead he told me to get a "digital piano" which is like a keyboard except the keys are like a pianos' keys.
so i done some searching and now i have been left with these two that i really like (to any admins and mods reading, i do not mean to advertise these websites in anyway, they are only there for a reference):
Yamaha NPV60 Piaggero Keyboard with FREE accessories
this is exactly what I want but it seems just abit expensive at the moment

Yamaha NP30 Portable Keyboard
this one is a lot more cheaper but it doesnt come with all the accessories that i need (unlike the first one which has all of them).

i need your help in deciding which one i should buy or maybe you could refer me to another set of keys.
thanks in advance
Honestly, I think a cheap one would work fine as long as you get a sustain pedal to go along with it. Once you're sure it's something you want to invest in, then get a more expensive keyboard.

EDIT: Make sure it's at least 88 keys.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
Stay away from Yamaha, the only good thing they can make is an XT-550 and that's a dirtbike..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I have the Yamaha P-85 digital piano and I love it. 88 weighted keys, sounds great, etc.

edit: the first one you posted is definitely NOT what you want.

1. it only has 76 keys. You should get 88. Any less can lead to you not being able to play a song you love, and you can't just add keys to a piano.

2. the "lightweigh graded soft touch" thing is bullshit. Unless the keys are actually weighted down, it won't feel like a real piano.

3. The "hundreds of instrument styles" are probably low quality, and not nearly as good as a piano that does one style really well, like the P-85.

4. This seems like one of those squire starter packs, where it comes with a bunch of accessories to sweeten the deal, but doesn't make the piano itself any better.

this is mine (without the special stand thing):
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/p_series/p-85/?mode=model
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Apr 8, 2011,
*hijack*

It's cool, because I thought about making a thread on more or less the exact same topic with the same situation a few days ago.

I was looking at a Yamaha P95, and I thought, it can't be too expensive right? I was wrong.

I'm interested to see what people suggest.
Quote by triface
*hijack*

It's cool, because I thought about making a thread on more or less the exact same topic with the same situation a few days ago.

I was looking at a Yamaha P95, and I thought, it can't be too expensive right? I was wrong.

I'm interested to see what people suggest.

the P95 is the new version of the P85, what I have. It's a great keyboard.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Necrolust
Stay away from Yamaha, the only good thing they can make is an XT-550 and that's a dirtbike..

Yamaha make some very decent instruments.
Quote by fearofthemark
the P95 is the new version of the P85, what I have. It's a great keyboard.

Yeah I can see it's a great instrument, but my wallet isn't full of great bank notes.

Err. Since TS' problem is already solved, maybe I can hijack this thread.

How does the Korg SP-170 hold up? It's going for about 550 USD where I live, which seems to be a pretty good deal, considering it's only a small increase in price compared to the Casio CPD-100, which is apparently the cheapest digital piano you can get, but suffers from noisy keys and a speaker that leaves more to be desired.

The store that sells the Korg at this price is offering a 15% discount on it, and it usually goes for about 800 USD AFAIK.

Yay, or nay?

Once again, looking to ask the Pit to help me make my decision even harder, because I was so set on getting a second-hand digital piano.

Edit: I forgot. I read earlier that all digital pianos suffer from noisy keys, where the keys bounce up and make an annoying plasticky sound. Anyone with experience can weigh in on this? All? Some? Only the fail low-ends?
Last edited by triface at Apr 11, 2011,