im having trouble with the pinch harmonics
i can get a somewhat high pitch out of it but not exact
the sound is in the home sweet home solo by motley crue
i get it at rare times but that ain't good enough
This is the trick to pinch harmonics. Focus on hitting the string with the left side of your thumb, and do it immediately after hitting the string with your pick. You'll end up turning your wrist towards you so it'll be literally like digging into the string.

Be aware that you'll get different PHs depending on the fret and where in the pickup area that you hit the string. It will take practice but once you get it a few times it's no problem!
another good tip is that you get better ones at places where you can catch a natural harmonic (frets 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7, 9, 10, 12, and 15 all work pretty well to me)
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Quote by Destinyrider22
another good tip is that you get better ones at places where you can catch a natural harmonic (frets 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7, 9, 10, 12, and 15 all work pretty well to me)

That's not really true.

Harmonic nodes appear at fractions of the length of a vibrating string, regardless of whether they're natural or articicial ones. For pinch harmonics you're not fundamentally doing anything different other than damping an identical node at the opposite end of the string.

The key word there is vibrating though, because as soon as you fret a note you change the amount of string that's free to vibrate, therefore all the harmonic nodes move - the spots you use for natural harmonics only have any relevance when you're dealing with an open string. That's why you have to adjust where you pick to get harmonics out of different fretted notes, and also why all that stuff 22 fret guitars having a better sound because the pickup isn't under a node is utter garbage
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by alexrulez
im having trouble with the pinch harmonics
i get it at rare times but that ain't good enough

I see you get it at rare times. I wonder if you have the same problem I did.
I realized that even a millimeter of a difference on my picking hand closer to the neck pup produced a totally different pitch. Maybe play around with the position of your picking hand.