Hi, I'm 13 and kind of new to this website, I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and have my own youtube webshow.

Anyways I wanted some help on picking a guitar for my buddy. He's a (somewhat) experienced guitar player with a crummy guitar, I wanted to get him a good guitar that fits his musical interests (mostly alternative, brit pop and hard rock) the only guitars I can think of that are good for all three are the Ibanez JEM and the Gibson Les Paul, both of which cost a FORTUNE!

If there's anyone out there who can help me please do thanks in advance
Quote by slashermaster
Hi, I'm 13 and kind of new to this website, I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and have my own youtube webshow.

Anyways I wanted some help on picking a guitar for my buddy. He's a (somewhat) experienced guitar player with a crummy guitar, I wanted to get him a good guitar that fits his musical interests (mostly alternative, brit pop and hard rock) the only guitars I can think of that are good for all three are the Ibanez JEM and the Gibson Les Paul, both of which cost a FORTUNE!

If there's anyone out there who can help me please do thanks in advance

check out Epiphone, Gibson brand guitars made in China and Korea. Their mid to high end stuff can be very good. I've got an Epiphone Tony Iommi G-400 ($599) and I love it.
I'm just giving an example of an epiphone guitar that I can vouche for. I'm sure they have other guitars of similar quality.
Quote by slashermaster
its me that's buying it for him so 1,000 is basically my max

Wow, that's a huge budget! So many choices..
The JEM would be a great choice. I think of the Gibson Firebird, it has a
unique sound. You could try the PRS Allender out also. Then there's always
the Gibson E355..
I have an Epi that cost only 170. Feels and sounds great. He'll learn more with two guitars of different styles than one great one. Dont rule out looking for second hand pieces at pawn shops etc. and selling them back or trading them in if you find you dont love them.
Quote by RebuildIt
I have an Epi that cost only 170. Feels and sounds great. He'll learn more with two guitars of different styles than one great one. Dont rule out looking for second hand pieces at pawn shops etc. and selling them back or trading them in if you find you dont love them.

Most Epiphones are cheap, no offense.
thnx all of you. I will definitely go to quest musique some time this weekend and try them, Im still accepting candidates so If you think you have a guitar that can help me, plz dont hesitate to tell
You could just get him a nice USA strat or tele.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
thanx walking but that just seems to simple he's moving at the end of the year so I want to get him something he will be proud to have known me by
Gerard you are amazing... I subscribed to you so can you please subscribe to me? my names guitarsgunsandhumor
thanks all u guys, gonna have to hit the sack for tonight. I got a big day of guitar testing tommorrow, o and add me plz I would try to add you but my computer is being kind of a dick and not letting me see anyone's profile's
okay so I tried out the guitars all you guys told me and the only one they had left in stock was the Ibanez and the epiphone. I actually tried an ARZ (ibanez) and it was ok, writing a review for it right now
Also, I'd really suggest trying a PRS SE model [custom 22, custom 24, or semi-hollow]: (or a Custom 22 or Custom 24 if you can find a used one at a good price). It's hard to beat the tone of and craftsmanship of PRS guitars - they're incredibly stylish and produce everything from jazzy tones to tremelopicked walls of black metal.
Quote by Sowilorune
Also, I'd really suggest trying a PRS SE model [custom 22, custom 24, or semi-hollow]: (or a Custom 22 or Custom 24 if you can find a used one at a good price). It's hard to beat the tone of and craftsmanship of PRS guitars - they're incredibly stylish and produce everything from jazzy tones to tremelopicked walls of black metal.

Agreed. DON'T LISTEN TO THE EPIPHONE PEOPLE.