Anyone else have a problem getting their ring finger to work properly?

Or is mine dumb or something? It moves soooooooo slow
Try doing some exercises that require it to go from lets say the b string to the D string. So skip a string. This will help you become more accurate and fast.
I probably shouldn't have to say this but making sure your fingernail on that finger is cut low enough could be an issue here, if it isn't. How are you with your pinky finger? Usually the fingers are weaker and take longer after the index finger down. I just suprised you don't mention your pinky, that's all.

Otherwise, yeah, practice. Hammer on's help with mentally getting the note engrained in your mind and where to hit it, and help with building stamina/dexterity/coordination. In my case they did, anyway. It takes years for some bro, like me. YEARS. Just be patient and don't get discouraged.

Knowing what the problem is so you can focus on it is 70% of the battle I think.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Let me re-phrase this lol. My ring finger works when i play scales with my 1&3 and i can play exceptionally fast like that.

But it gets hard when i try and use 2&3 and even more challenging when i use 3&4 in a scale or any kind of playing. I do exercises but it seems like its not working >.<

Alternating between my 2&3 and 3&4 without using any 1 and 2.

Is this making sense? lol
Last edited by Thexbert at Apr 9, 2011,