Hey All

Sorry if this is a cabbage question but,
I want to buy a pod x3, in New Zealand ( where i live ) if i got to a retailer it will cost me $700 - $900 NZD. but if i order one from overseas say like the US it can will cost me around about $340 NZD.

I was just wondering if i'd have any issues using my guitars or plugging it in into my computer or anything like that.

Perhaps some of you have done this sort of thing yourself ? ( brought instruments and gear from overseas )

Any advise / info will be great
Most of my guitars and basses came from the US and Japan. You'll just have to get a new power adaptor for it. It'll say the voltage specs on the bottom of the unit and you can just take it into Dick Smiths or whatever you have over there for that kind of thing.
Alternativley can you email the NZ Line 6 Distributor and ask if you can buy a new adaptor from them. But don't tell them you bought it from the US or they'll crack the shits and wont sell you anything.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Thanks

So aside from the power adaptor ( which i can get hold of ) i wouldn't have any problems with using the pod with my guitars ?
None at all, you'll be fine.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I'm in Australia and bought a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox from the US. I got a step-down transformer to lower the voltage from 240V to 110V so I could run it without blowing it up, and it works fine. I would have a look at these, if you just got an adapter and plugged the pod straight in then you could ruin it. Plus the transformers are about $30-$50 bucks Australian.
You should be alright with the Pod, you'll need to buy the wall adapter designed for it, but they usually have a transformer built in, so you just get the NZ version of it, it should be right to run.

Silly America using 110V electricity
You wont need a step down, the thing probably only runs at 12 or so volts. You'd probably be able to get away with one of those plug converter things come to think of it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Here are the specs on the Line6 Pod X3 power supply:

9V AC, 2000mA. - That's literally just a transformer in a box (with perhaps a fuse, but I doubt it).

So all you need to do is get a 2 amp, 9Vac power supply. That does seem like a very high current rating, I bet it's actually a fair bit less. Still, you will need a power supply like that, the one that comes with it will be worse than useless.
If you intend to be buying a lot of US gear in the future a decent step down transformer is worth having - even if it's just so you can test voltages running stock off 110V. Buying stuff with plug packs makes it easy. A lot of gear that goes straight into the wall has a switch for 110/220V but a surprising amount of American stuff doesn't.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4269
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by Dan_5893

Silly America using 110V electricity

The US doesn't use 110V it's 120V @ 60Hz.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!