So it's been a crazy month for me gear wise. I'm pretty much setting up a whole new rig for myself. Almost my dream rig. I still have some pedals I need to get, and some on the way. Also, a classical guitar I've been wanting is coming this week, and an aged Tele custom built for me before Easter. This summer, when I have more funds, I'm going to nab a Ceriatone HRM50 and a RJM Effects Gizmo and Mastermind.

Basically the goal is to layer the amps, and assign different pedals to different amps. Super versatile, covering all the kinds of music and tones I'm going for.

So first thing that arrived was a Ceriatone 2550 (Marshall Silver Jubilee clone). I plan to run a multi-amp setup up with this and a Ceriatone HRM50 when I get that amp this summer. Essentially a low budget mini "Joe Bonamassa/Eric Johnson"-esque rig.

This is what she looks like inside. Came with JJ's in perfect bias. Who knew a budget hand-wired PTP amp company in Malaysia would do that? Not I.

Tasty PTP eh?

Next I ditched my Avatar 412 and found a cheap beat up Avatar 212 at a pawnshop.

Then I took out the Eminence Tonespotters, and put in some Ted Weber Michigans (Ceramics, 100 watt rating, EV style speaker).

Then I decided since I'll be running two 50 watt amps through one 212, I need to rewire is in stereo/mono. I drilled a few more holes into the Avatar backplate. 16 ohms in mono (both speakers) and 8 ohms each side in stereo.

Here's the rig, minus some things..new Tele coming before Easter..custom built.
Oh, then I got a custom Klon(e) pedal from a buddy of mine who builds pedals in his spare time.

Pedalboard. Some new pedals coming tomorrow. Different chorus pedal, and a compressor. Eventually I'm getting the pedals in a rack switched with a RJM Effects Gizmo and Mastermind.

Then I found a mint (guy only took it out once) X2 Rack Wireless, and bought it. Made a new cable for it with a 1/8" locking pin, a Neutrik Silent plug, and Mogami cable.

The start of the rack where the pedals will go.

The amp and cab. Using an Auralex Great GRAMMA for isolation from hollow stages.
Dude, you have a Godly setup! the pic of the tele next to the amp is amazing.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
I have a blanket with the exact same pattern fabric as your curtains.

That's a beautiful bunch of stuff you've got yourself there, HNGD!
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
nice. i do a similar thing you are planning to do with multiple amps/different effects. it really comes in handy.

i am glad you like your cieratone. i hear mixed things about them. just an FYI though is that that is not PTP. that is turret board construction.

i use a couple of AB/Y's and a dual output pedal to arrange my different amps. i run my Lee Jackson Ampeg and the splawns on an a/b with the splawns in stereo (although i can A/B them) and do for side to side variation (like you hear when some bands play a riff with one guitarist solo than the other after), and run a switch seperating the splawns from the 1968 Fender bassman (for cleans). the bassman has pedals before it, and the lee Jackson has pedals in the loop. all tied up on the board.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by nickdohle
DAMN! Hot new stuff day!!

Thanks!

Quote by walkingminstral
Dude, you have a Godly setup! the pic of the tele next to the amp is amazing.

It's only going to get better as soon as I get the remaining pieces. Perfect for my weekend warrior status.
Quote by Reisgar42
I have a blanket with the exact same pattern fabric as your curtains.
That's a beautiful bunch of stuff you've got yourself there, HNGD!

That is actually at my tech's house. He's got a sweet new shop he just built with an amp room and stuff. I work part time for him, so I get to play his Victoria Regal II a lot!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
H O L Y C R A P !!

looks awesome....the whole thing

yummy :licklip:

I took the Avatar 212 idea from you. The 412 was too heavy. This this is super light by comparison! Just wait until I get the other amp, and switching system. No tap dancing for this guy.

Quote by flojomoose
that. is. b.e.autiful

nice set up there, looking forward to seeing the rest :P

Me too! I work my butt off during the summers when I'm not in college roughly 60+ hours a week at a manual labor job. I work for every ounce of my gear!

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nice. i do a similar thing you are planning to do with multiple amps/different effects. it really comes in handy.

i am glad you like your cieratone. i hear mixed things about them. just an FYI though is that that is not PTP. that is turret board construction.

i use a couple of AB/Y's and a dual output pedal to arrange my different amps. i run my Lee Jackson Ampeg and the splawns on an a/b with the splawns in stereo (although i can A/B them) and do for side to side variation (like you hear when some bands play a riff with one guitarist solo than the other after), and run a switch seperating the splawns from the 1968 Fender bassman (for cleans). the bassman has pedals before it, and the lee Jackson has pedals in the loop. all tied up on the board.

By PTP I mean handwired.

Here's a teaser photo of the custom aged Tele that will be here soon. Two pedals from Cmatmods here tomorrow, and a Cordoba Fusion Orchestra Pro with spruce top on Wednesday. I'll make a "take 2" thread when it's all here.

Specs: One piece pine body, butterscotch blonde, vintage tinted neck, D. Allen pickups, whole guitar has a medium-light aged look, basically a 50's Tele. Nice step up from a Squier Tele huh?

This guitar will be arriving in a couple weeks. Just got finished up today, but it's going to the Dallas Guitar show along with 29 other guitars from this custom builder. Builder texted me this picture today. He's getting me more pictures soon.

Last edited by AJS19 at Apr 9, 2011,
Some reviews for this stuff, so I suppose this thread doesn't get closed.

Ceriatone 2550: This amp definitely has that Marshall grind I've been looking for. I can get a vast array of tones out of this via the clean channel, and the dirty channel by adjusting the master and channel volumes/gains. It does everything that I wanted it too. I can get good classic rock, blues, rock, and even some heavier tones out of it.

Avatar 212 (with Weber Michigans): The Michigans are a very neutral speaker modeled after the EV 12L. They sound fantastic, and despite the rough appearance of my pawn shop cab purchase, it sounds great, just like my other Avatar.

OLER Audio Klon(e): Right now I'm using this as a lead boost. It really makes this amp sing. Very versatile pedal. I put it through my Tweed Deluxe I built, and it's a great OD box for a Fender style amp too.

X2 Wireless: Believe the hype. These things are fantastic. I've owned the lowest model, and this rack model, and I've never had any dropouts or failures with it. Despite the fact that it is discontinued, try to find one. They are great reliable units. I scored mine for super cheap on The Gear Page. They are out there, and some in mint, just like this one. The tone is essentially just like using a cable to my ears. There is not a very audible difference, if any compared to cable.