Hey guys,

Well, I'm just starting to get good at guitar. I've only been playing for a year, but I'm getting a lot more confident and fluid with my playing. Now I want to tackle a few harder songs, in particular a song by At the Gates called "Blinded by Fear."
However, my problem lies in the fact that it's tuning is a little different, and I can't yet tune by ear (Well, for standard tuning I'm OK). The song is in B Standard (I think...). Anyway, the tuning is something like this:

B ---
F#--
D ---
A ---
E ---
B ---

I'm not quite sure as to how I can acheive this tuning, as I only have a basic tuner right now and not a lot of money to get a really good one. Could anyone give me a few tips as to how I could tune my guitar this way?

Thanks guys,

Dylan
Getting a 7 string or a baritone guitar would probably help. I think whatever strings you have on your guitar are probably too thin to handle this.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
Getting a 7 string or a baritone guitar would probably help. I think whatever strings you have on your guitar are probably too thin to handle this.

+1
If you're normally playing in standard then he's probably right. Having the right gauge strings always helps with alternate tunings.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Gonna need thicker strings, like everyone has said. Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkys are perfect for this tuning, I used em all the time when i played in B standard.

As for tuning your guitar, I'd either use a keyboard/piano or just find an online chromatic tuner, shouldn't be too hard to find.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
All is pretty much said already ^^

But, just making sure you know, B standard, is the exact same as standard tuning, but 5 frets lower. This means, with the tuner you have;

- tune your 6th string to the same note as 2B (Couple of octaves lower, but hey, itll work the same)

-5th string is tuned to exact same as your 6th string in standard, so tune your fifth to 6E

- 4th string is tuned to 5A

- 3rd string is tuned to 4D

- Use your ear for this string, Tune it so it is the same as your third string when it is fretted at 4.

- 1st string is tuned to 2B

Hopefully that helps :P But you will probably need a set of 12's or 13's strings, or something like that to play B standard properly, 11's cope kind of too.