Okay everybody I'm taking a poll cause i really want to.

Whats the longest practice session you've ever had?? Be it terrible, or you couldn't put your stick down.

I just pulled a five hour one today err well yester day as well as today so it just got me thinking.
Started at 5:00 PM, ended at 8:30 AM the next day.

Do the math, I'm too tired.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
well by myself, like 20 minutes lol

once my band had a split 2 hour set to play (no repeated songs) and we had like an 8-9 hour practice the night before the gig. It was pretty badass and there was a pizza break
7.5 hours... we had no money or gas to drive home :/

Fingers hurt for the first time in years, we rotated instruments, wrote 3 songs, and got extremely mad at each other
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
My youth band did a 12 hour one one time, but less than half of that was spent playing. By myself maybe 3 or 4 hours straight, and I've done that like once...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
It is a proven fact that practicing more than 30 minutes per day is no better than practicing 30 minutes.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
It is a proven fact that practicing more than 30 minutes per day is no better than practicing 30 minutes.

Source?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I can see that practicing in 30 minute increments is better than just playing for 3 or 4 hours straight. Especially if you're trying to play something difficult. After about 30-45 minutes, your fingers don't want to work anymore, go rest for maybe an hour and come back and you'll be playing better than when you left off.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Jostry
Tell that to Steve Vai.
Hi how are you?
Quote by Jostry

What the shit? No it isn't
When I was younger and learning lots of shit (I play metal mostly, So I had to learn pinch harmonics, speed, sweeps, etc), So I'd play like a crack addict for sometimes no joke about 12 hours most days. As I got better I practiced less, but I still practice lots, useally around an hour everyday, sometimes the odd 3-5 hours on weekends, or if I get into a writting mood.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Jostry

Unless you mean like 31 minutes, you just went full retard.
Probably around 3 hours. Then we had a pizza break and played video games and stopped practicing.

It was like, the day before the show. And then we were all excited and thought we were going to do awesomely, but the band that played before us was horrible and cleared out the entire room (literally) so we basically played to like 10 people, which included that band and their friends who decided to stay since I'm friends with some of the members of that band.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 9, 2011,
there is a huge difference between practice and playing, and honestly, there are very,very few people who could pull off solidly practicing for more than say... 2-4 hours at most.

That said, one can PLAY for hours or days. Best I've done was probably around 11 hours.
noon to noon, and we barely got anything done.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Zoot Allures
If you mean band practices.

12 hours was the longest, although we usually last between 5 and 7 hours anyway.

Jesus H., man. I've never played with any musician whom I could even stand to be around for that long.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Jesus H., man. I've never played with any musician whom I could even stand to be around for that long.
I've never been able to stand being around anyone for that long, musician or otherwise.

I commend your efforts to the art sir.
Quote by Jostry

How backing up that claim mate?

As that iss quite a big thing to be stating out of the blue without some backup information.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
7-8 hours interspersed with short breaks. I had a lot of time on my hands when my friends started playing WoW.
Quote by Jostry

Got any sauce?
Well two years ago I was joining a band and for our first practice session we practiced from 3 o'clock till 11...

I came in expecting an indie/experimental band, and the lead singer said halfway "No we're focusing more on deathcore"

Needless to say that was the only jam session I had with those guys...
about 7 hours once. granted it was on and off. fell asleep spooning my bass on the floor while sleeping inside of it's case.
#DTWD
Not guitar, but, when I was playing trumpet in Indiana's All-state jazz band, we had about 2 days to learn 6 or 7 tunes. Ergo, we would have about 12 hours of straight practice.

Mind you this was also on trumpet, which is notorious for busting chops much faster than most instruments.
Idk if it'd be a practice session, but one time I jammed with someone else outside from probably to 9PM until daylight
Umm, I've had a jam session at a friends house where we just chilled inside all day and played from like 12 P.M. to 10 P.M. but it wasn't like 100% focus, we bullshitted a lot and stuff like that. The longest I've ever practiced by myself was probably 2-3 hours at most.
Three hours with my band, I've never kept track on how long I do it myself, probably isn't that long though.

Did 12 hours for a musical I played the guitar for. There was a lot of bullshit with acting stuff so I hardly did much playing but god it went on for ages. It was pretty good practice though and I got to test out some new sounds that I thought might work so not all was lost.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
It would be quite normal to do an 8 hour practice with my band, sometimes more. When we recorded an album we spent 30 almost consecutive days in the studio, again 6-8 hours a time.
Now that I think of it, we spent a lot of time playing together