Hey how is this for recording? I bought an m-audio fast track off ebay and it didn't work so I'm filing a case and in the mean time I found a guy around here selling a toneport for $100. I don't care about the effects etc, I have my own, I just want something that will allow me to plug my mic/guitar into the computer without getting noise. Is this a good quality unit to use in that sense?
I have a UX1 and the sound quality is the same as the UX2..
It doesn't give the best quality, and the virtual effects are ok, but for the price it's amazing.. I love my UX1 and use it for everything.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
What you need is a new amp.

just shut the **** up.
I have the UX2. I think it works great. Hard to beat for the price.
I had the M-Box 2 mini before this one... I think this is better.

I'm using it with Win7 and Reason/Record. I didn't like POD Farm 2 at first but it's grown on me. It's really simple, straight forward, gets the job done. I think the quality is great, i assume you're going to muck with the recording in some kind of audio software anyways?

I leave it hooked up (monitor speakers(analog outs), line inputs, foot switches, Digital out) pop out the USB for my desktop switch it to the laptop and back. Easy.

The two level meters are pretty much useless, nice lights but i don't recall ever using them for anything.

I'd do it for 100 bucks.

That be my take.
I have the UX1. If you are looking for a midi interface just to plug in a guitar and a mic, the UX1 is your best bet. Why pay more for the same stuff(UX2).

I'm using my UX and use the effects of logic express 9 to make my music. For sound quality check the song in E thingy on my page, that' ll give you a good idea of the UX1, also the bass was recorded through it.
Hope that helped
I have a slew of interfaces but I'd grab that UX2 in a heartbeat - I think you'll like it and it's well worth the price - GRAB IT or give me the option to
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by rickyj
just shut the **** up.

I will not shut the asterisks up they have done nothing!
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I have a UX2; I'm happy with it... pretty much lets me do what I want. I've recorded multiple songs (on my youtube) with it and have gradually gotten better at mixing mastering. Im pretty sure you can get good sounds with it so long as the rest of your gear is up to par. POD Farm is a great piece of software as well.