Hey UG,

I wonder if building a baritone guitar is any more difficult than just a regular one?

I really wanna try building a guitar (never done it before but I'm pretty handy with building/taking stuff apart in general) and I've always wanted an Explorer shaped baritone.

So assuming I buy the neck. Would it be any more complicated than just a regular guitar? Also how much would the neck run me?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
make the neck, theres a fret calculator on stewmac.com just type in what scale you want and it will give you fret positions

its not that much different from making any other guitar you just have to know your fret positions to the millimeter haha
The actual process of placing the bridge etc is exactly the same as any other guitar.

It is worth considering the upper fret access and corresponding nut location though.

Giving very good upper fret access pushes the nut further away from your body making playing the low notes a little harder (depending on the length of your arms lol)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Apr 9, 2011,
all you need to do is buy a neck.

warmoth sells baritone conversion necks for any bolt on guitar.

they don't fit squires though. but they'll fit warmoth's bodies and fenders and such.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Is there any service similar to warmoth, that could build me a neck in Europe? Like in Poland or something, because the shipping would be WAY less. I Live in Lithuania you see.
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?