Page 1 of 2
Hey guys
Im kind of a ashamed to post this on 'Artists' category,because it doesnt really belong here

So there is that 'new' stuff going on the internet Rebecca Black
Some 13 years old American girl singing about 'Friday' and stuff
Lyrics of the song are pretty much 'Garbage'
and voice of that young lady is worse than a pig

I just wanna know about your thoughts about these kind of a miss happenings to music

Personally i think its a disgrace put upon music itself by teens who think they are singers and records companies that think they can produce Good Music.

and after being humiliated by millions of people infront of millions of people
MEDIA is actually encouraging her and using unsuitable words like 'Instant Hit' 'Famous'
and they are just making fun of her after giving her a bitter candy to get a story for themselves

what in the world would happen to music next ,if this kept going??

In case you havnt heard the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
Last edited by kian89 at Apr 9, 2011,
Her mother and father paid $2000 for her to record the song and video.

A 'disgrace' ?

Pull your head from up your own arse and take a good look at the world. It doesn't revolve around you.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmnSnCXd7TI
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Last edited by ##_Guitar-newb at Apr 9, 2011,
I have it as my alarm because I always wake up at 7

Its more of a disgrace that people would send a 13 year old girl death threats.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I doubt the record companies think they are producing 'good music'.. It's more likely they're thinking along the lines of 'how much money can we make out of another teenage girl singing music?'

But then at the same time, it doesn't affect the music of brilliant bands. Good music will always good music - this song, if anything, makes other artists sound better.

Now I'm not defending the song in any way, don't misunderstand me, I think it's an awful song (albeit hilarious).. But I don't really see it as degrading to music. There have always been pathetic singers, trying to make their way by pretending they can sing, autotune and more advanced production methods have just increased the numbers. But at the same time, there are so many new, good bands recording great music every day. So a bit of perspective goes a long way.

A rubbish song maybe, but it doesn't really affect you if you don't listen to it. The only thing most people are really complaining about is the fact that she's making money from music, and they're not, in which case, they shouldn't be musicians in the first place.

That was deep.. Peace.
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb

A 'disgrace' ?

Pull your head from up your own arse and take a good look at the world. It doesn't revolve around you.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmnSnCXd7TI

Charlie Brooker calling Piers Morgan an arsehole is brilliant!
I hate when people complain about the current state of music more than I hate the current state of music. I don't listen to music on TV or radio (and if I did I wouldn't be on channels/stations that play music I dislike). The only reason I would hear stuff like Rebecca Black is if I search for it on the internet. So if you hate her tune so much why are you looking for/listening to it?
Charlie Brooker is a what , comedian ?? ya
so lets not put it in the argument
and since many are laughing on the song this makes it a Comic Song , or whatever it is they call it
So he would definitely support her.
She's become incredibly famous (or infamous if you prefer) internationally, that's more than any of us on this forum could hope to achieve in our lifetimes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan. I just happen to notice you're giving her publicity by linking the song on a popular forum, then turning around and screaming from the top of the tower about how bad it is. In turn more people will find out about her and tell others how bad it is and so on, you're not helping to 'cure the state of the music business'. It's the same as this stuff with Bieber, if you were to ignore it and not tell a soul about how bad you might think he is, he would never have been so well known either.

Also, you have to feel sympathy for her at least. She was just trying to have some fun and maybe make a career out of something, and instead receives death threats etc. I see no reason as to how people can explain those actions.

Anyway, I have an inkling it's some kind of ploy. They intentionally made this song awful lyrically and vocally only to bring out another song of hers that will have zero auto-tuning and basically be a masterpiece lyrically, just so everyone can turn around and see how much she has 'improved' from this song. It's like a guilt trip, it happened to a singer named Susan Boyle in the UK, everyone looked at her (google images and you'll see what I mean) and didn't expect her to have such a good singing voice, and then went out and bought her singles/records because of it.
Last edited by Firewhisper at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
I think the real disgrace here is that people still talk about this girl.
Let it die.
Please.

I TOTALLY agree with you .
but there is another perspective of people

'How can she get away with dis after disrespecting music worldwide?'
in all seriousness, in my whole 23 years of life I have heard much much worse and hugely more popular songs than this friday song.
You TS are a moron, just like all those morons that post justin bieber hate comments on every single youtube video. I bet you feel all cool and shit talking trash about her, following the same moronic heard.
Not saying it's a great or good song but hey that new gaga song out-blows friday by far. Why isn't anyone mass hating her? maybe because she wears dog dookies for earrings i don'k know. You are just like the rest of the chimps on this earth, liking or hating something just because you found a cool gang/club that does it too.
"what in the world would happen to music next ,if this kept going??" give me a break, If you don't know how to listen to music then go try something else like skydiving.
Quote by Firewhisper
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan. I just happen to notice you're giving her publicity by linking the song on a popular forum, then turning around and screaming from the top of the tower about how bad it is.
Exactly. And
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb

A 'disgrace' ?

That.

Quit caring so much. It isn't like she got signed to a record label. She had money so recorded a song. I could record something that sounds just as professional with singing just as bad. Would it be the end of the world? No.
Hers happened to get so much attention because people like you kept making topics and spreading it around.
Quote by kian89
I TOTALLY agree with you .
but there is another perspective of people

'How can she get away with dis after disrespecting music worldwide?'

People don't get it.
If you don't TALK about it, no one else will HEAR about it.
Bad publicity is good publicity.
Last edited by Disturbed_EMG at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
People don't get it.
If you don't TALK about it, no one else will HEAR about it.
Bad publicity is good publicity.

Ya but we are talking about how bad something is , not how good it is
and i blame it all on media , who are not even telling how many Dislikes that video have on youtube
they should be talking to her with a black spotlite on her,
Quote by kian89
Ya but we are talking about how bad something is , not how good it is
and i blame it all on media , who are not even telling how many Dislikes that video have on youtube
they should be talking to her with a black spotlite on her,

"we are talking about how bad something is"
That sounds to me like bad publicity, which as I said about 2 posts above this one; "Bad publicity is good publicity."

Just mentioning this song anywhere is publicity for it, let alone the fact that you posted a link to it.
Don't like current music? Change it, form a band and change it. Stop hiding behind your monitors bashing this kid.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
"we are talking about how bad something is"
That sounds to me like bad publicity, which as I said about 2 posts above this one; "Bad publicity is good publicity."

Just mentioning this song anywhere is publicity for it, let alone the fact that you posted a link to it.

ok , so more we talk, the more 'famous?' its gonna get?
No matter how negative we talk about it ?
Quote by Cianyx
like baby baby baby ooooohhhhh

actually . Baby baby baby oooooohhhhgh ,is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than this garbage.
This song is on Itunes, you know how much money she made of this?!
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by kian89
ok , so more we talk, the more 'famous?' its gonna get?
No matter how negative we talk about it ?

What, you think everybody knows about it because people LIKE it?
Hideous song. But she dosen't deserve some of the hate she's got for it.

*long rant about how shit music has become, and it will never be tr00 like jazz blues or classical*

/rant. log off.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by CreepingDeath13
Your a bit behind the 8-ball with this whole Rebecca Black stuff, TS. That was last months news.

yes i know . But i came to know about it few days ago.
Actually, it wast the actual video that i saw first.
It was a parody of the song.(which was ok)
and then i saw the real song and i was terrified .
I almost broke my laptop,
when the song was playing i was actually busting my head on the keyboard...i ws really very upset.
Quote by morciu
dude you get upset really easily. get a grip.

no no. Thats not true.
I can watch a dying person crying in pain patiently,until they die.
But that was more than horror.
I feed on music.
Punk pop/rock is my breakfast.
Metal is my dinner .
And eat 2 times only .
But that was poison .
Quote by kian89
no no. Thats not true.
I feed on music.
Metal is my dinner .
And eat 2 times only .
But that was poison .

I'd imagine that your favorite artists have a level of integrity similar to Rebecca Black's anyways.

Also, by the way you act, she's probably older than you.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
I'd imagine that your favorite artists have a level of integrity similar to Rebecca Black's anyways.

Cool condescension bro.
I have never heard Friday, nor do I want to.
Not because I hate her but because I don't want it to get stuck in my head.
cat
Quote by kian89
no no. Thats not true.
I feed on music.
Metal is my dinner .
And eat 2 times only .
But that was poison .

I seriously hope the 89 isn't your dob, you sound like a retarded 13 year old.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Quote by Namaste196
Cool condescension bro.

Quote by TheIrishPatriot

they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Let's be serious here though....she's a 13 year old girl. What else could she POSSIBLY have to sing about other than waking up early and fun a friday and....
Quote by aPortuguese_boy

i was actually thinking that i would get better critical analysis of the 'song' here rather than on youtube,cuz on youtube people are amateur in music,they are there to find something new for their xxxgb iPods,or just watching what is infront of their eyes,and liking and disliking,they are constantly watching the vid and giving their -ve remarks as well.
But people like you are even more low life thenyoutubers,
you are talking about 'Me' when you are suppose to talk about the subject matter i.e. MUSIC.
Delete your account and have fun on twitter or facebook etc.
Last edited by kian89 at Apr 9, 2011,
Page 1 of 2