ok i bought crysis 2 yesterday thinkiing you get the editoer crytek engine 3 i thinks its called but upon looking in the bin 32 folders and all the other folders for that matter i find now editor

what gives???
This is a MotherFxcking Invatation
Dunno, I was sort of disappointed with the game's edges although it was immense fun to play - but there's still bugs and the devconsole is all fucked up so I can't go round tweaking it like Crysis 1.
Quote by metaldud536
Crysis 2 is a console port.

/thread

It isn't. It's a proper multi platform title.
Play it on a console, then on a souped up PC.
The difference is MASSIVE.
And AFAIK the 1.1 patch brings back the console, and gets rid of other console crap like auto aim.
Naw, the console is there with 1.1 but only a few cvars are unlocked. It's gash, most of it is still chained up.

You're right about the console/PC difference though, but I'm REALLY mad that they did that - it means the console capability became the minimum limiting value for the graphics, and THEY. ARE. SHIT. Because of the stupid frigging memory requirements, the draw distance for really small objects is about 2 in-game meters. I noticed when I was going to Gould's apartment, and the stupid name plaques for the apartments kept disappearing WHILE I WAS IN THE DAMNED HALLWAY.
Quote by LordBishek
Naw, the console is there with 1.1 but only a few cvars are unlocked. It's gash, most of it is still chained up.

You're right about the console/PC difference though, but I'm REALLY mad that they did that - it means the console capability became the minimum limiting value for the graphics, and THEY. ARE. SHIT. Because of the stupid frigging memory requirements, the draw distance for really small objects is about 2 in-game meters. I noticed when I was going to Gould's apartment, and the stupid name plaques for the apartments kept disappearing WHILE I WAS IN THE DAMNED HALLWAY.

o.O
What settings are you playing at? Cause I never noticed anything of the sort.
TBH the only "bad" thing I noticed about the game is that the water reflections seem to be at a lower resolution as compared to the original game.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
o.O
What settings are you playing at? Cause I never noticed anything of the sort.
TBH the only "bad" thing I noticed about the game is that the water reflections seem to be at a lower resolution as compared to the original game.

The highest ones. Hardcore, is it?
LoL, if he still has the Hardcore/Gamer/another one settings, it simply means he downloaded the game and cracked it :/
Quote by Koloarie
LoL, if he still has the Hardcore/Gamer/another one settings, it simply means he downloaded the game and cracked it :/

I checked the settings for both 1.0 and 1.1 exes.

EDIT: Maybe it is the cracks, then. I'll run it off disc and see if it works with that
Last edited by LordBishek at Apr 9, 2011,