Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you could list all the parts in a tube amp? I want to build one myself.

Thanks
I've built my own based on the PP-18 from Ampmakers site, cost me about £150 to build, sounds as good as a £1000 boutique amp ....to my ears, anyway
http://www.ampmaker.com/home-1-0.html
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)
Quote by Output
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you could list all the parts in a tube amp? I want to build one myself.

I could but it would be a waste of my time and yours. A brick wall is much simpler and listing the parts of that would be no help.

Go to some site like this and look at an amp you are interested and make note of the parts. Then look into the parts associated with it that aren't shown like fuse holders, tube sockets, knobs and all such.

Many suppliers of parts like Hoffman Amps and Weber will have a published list and many will sell kits.
Sure.
Capacitors (of multiple types), resistors, potentiometers, switches, relays, jacks, tube sockets, tubes (power, preamp, and sometimes rectifier), diodes (sometimes for clipping, most of the time for rectification), circuit boards (either PCBs or turret boards), lots of wire, lots of solder, LED's or other light sources, knobs, transformers (output, power), chokes (sometimes), occasionally MIDI IC's.

It's not what components there are in it, it's how they're put together in the circuit. Individual component qualities are important too, hence the different materials used for similar components.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.