Hey guys, looking for some help on finding a nice cab

I mainly play classic and hard rock and grunge (think PJ, AIC, Zeppelin, GNR) looking for a cab with a tight bass response and highish mids, and trying to avoid ice pick highs.

I play at home almost exclusively, so realistically only wanting a 1x12, I do jam with others occassionally and will be doing small gigs in the future I assume, but don't want something ridiculously heavy to lug around.

My budget is £250 MAX, I would go used, but I can't find anything used in terms of cabs in the UK, so will probably have to go new.

I've been looking at the Orange PPC112, but have heard mixed reviews, some saying the quality of it has been reduced in recent years, and it is not as good as it's bigger brothers.

Thanks in advance
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Are you just looking for a 1x12? 2x12?

You're a bit more limited with speaker selection with a 1x12 since you can't blend them.

Right now I'm thinking a 2x12 with a V30 and G12H30 would suit you perfectly.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Are you just looking for a 1x12? 2x12?

You're a bit more limited with speaker selection with a 1x12 since you can't blend them.

Right now I'm thinking a 2x12 with a V30 and G12H30 would suit you perfectly.

Well I was thinking a 1x12, purely because I think a decent 1x12 would be over my budget of £250. But If there are any nice 2x12's in my budget I would definitely consider them
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
A Framus 2x12" would be decent and is around that price. It comes with V30s stock. You can replace one of them with an H30 like bubbs said and sell the superfluous V30. Used H30s aren't too difficult to find and cost roughly as much as a V30 on the used market, so you can't lose too much money over the swap.
I've heard good things about the Jet City JCA12s as a small 1x12 cab. It'll fit in your budget new.
yeah the jet city is a nice cab, I have heard good things about the Blackstar also check em out if you can.
Heard the Blackstar uses Celestion 70-80s. Decent cab, but I've heard it needs a speaker swap to get the most out of it, while I've heard the Jet City's stockies are perfectly fine.

I hear a lot of people mention Harley Benton cabs too as a decent affordable cab, but we don;t get them down under so I wouldn;t know much about them.
From experience, I'll have to recommend the Krank Rev Jr. 1x12. I use one for recording. It's loaded with a 16 ohm Eminence Legend that's rated at 120w, so you can use it with higher wattage heads if you ever get one in the future, and it's shell is made from Poplar wood instead of Plywood/Multi-Ply/whatever.

Also, viewing your sig, I can see that you have a Vox Night Train head. This cab will go perfectly with it, assuming that's the head that you need a cab for.
Thanks for the rec guys, Im actually selling all the gear in my sig, probably getting an orange thunder 30 head. I'll check out all the cabs you guys have said.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm