GG&A is the best forum so I'll post it here.

Just had a few questions about TG.

-Does it have a speed trainer like guitar pro? Where it repeats a selected part at a set tempo.

-Can I use guitar pro files?

-Can I use it to write drum midi to import into my drum vsts?

Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Got it. Use it. Love it.

Guitar pro is for chumps - TG plays all types of tab files with the same interface.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Got it. Use it. Love it.

Guitar pro is for chumps - TG plays all types of tab files with the same interface.

Do you know if it has a speed trainer? I use that function in GP all the time.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No idea. I've been playing music for 22 years so I just habitually count everything out manually to slow it down.

It probably does. Did you search the help files?

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I haven't downloaded it yet. But probably will.

I've used PowerTab and Guitar Pro 4 but when I found TG I stopped using them both.

It's 100% freeware so you should just try it out and see how you like it.

The convenience alone of being able to play three tab formats with it is reason enough to use it.

Quote by tr3nt
GG&A is the best forum so I'll post it here.

Just had a few questions about TG.

-Does it have a speed trainer like guitar pro? Where it repeats a selected part at a set tempo.

-Can I use guitar pro files?

-Can I use it to write drum midi to import into my drum vsts?

Thanks & Godbless.

1: Yes
2: Yes
3: Idk, i think if you write the drum part, just the drum part, and export it into MIDI(which you can do), than can be achieved.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I'm going for it, thanks guys!

I've got tuxguitar, but I ended up shelling out the $50 or so for Guitar Pro 6. I'm sorry, but GP6 just runs a lot smoother and does a whole lot more. But to answer your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
1. It has a speed trainer.
2. It plays all kinds of tab files, from Guitar Pro to TabIt.
3. I'm not certain, but if people can take GP5 drums MIDI and export to a drum VST, then I'm sure you could do the same with TuxGuitar. I haven't tried though.
Just downloaded it, I can't see any staff lines, is this a bug or doesn't it have lines?

Mine has 'em.

hmmm, this is in the Debian and Ubuntu repos. Must check it out.

*apt-get install tuxguitar*
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm going to uninstall and reinstall