Linky HERE!

Hey guys, would love some crits for this song I've been working on.

It's kinda funk rocky, bit of a Chilis feel to it.

Hope you like, please leave me some comments and I'll be happy to look anything you guys have

Cheers!
Very funky, loved it. Couldn't find anything even slightly bad about it, this goes instantly to my SoundCloud favorites.

Posting the lyrics might be nice though, I'm just curious.
Quote by chris4355
really good man. how did u guys record this? at a studio?

Guitars and bass were done at home, just DI'd into an interface, no amps involved.
The drums and vocals were done in the studio I work in. Think we used around 7 mics for the drums, which we baffled off completely from the room. The whole thing was then edited and put together on Pro Tools.
Very sweet song! It really has a way of keeping me interested. I love the funk--if you ask me, it's pretty hard to be too funky!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Thanks for the crit mate, listening to this now...
Goooooood stuff.
Not usually what I listen to but I'm definitely adding this to my faves. Love that little descending 4 chord riff, don't have anything bad to say about it really!
Is this all you then or is it your band? Very impressed.
Quote by Cyberbob
Guitars and bass were done at home, just DI'd into an interface, no amps involved.
The drums and vocals were done in the studio I work in. Think we used around 7 mics for the drums, which we baffled off completely from the room. The whole thing was then edited and put together on Pro Tools.

cool stuff man. my band does a lot of funk stuff too its kinda nice seeing something other than metal or emo nowadays~~

keep it up
Quote by jamie29h
Thanks for the crit mate, listening to this now...
Goooooood stuff.
Not usually what I listen to but I'm definitely adding this to my faves. Love that little descending 4 chord riff, don't have anything bad to say about it really!
Is this all you then or is it your band? Very impressed.

All me except the drums, it's actually for a project for college; to do a genre based song. Pretty fun making it
Quote by Cyberbob
All me except the drums, it's actually for a project for college; to do a genre based song. Pretty fun making it

Haha yeah good stuff, are you doing a course in music tech by any chance? That's what I'm doing at the moment too :P
Quote by jamie29h
Haha yeah good stuff, are you doing a course in music tech by any chance? That's what I'm doing at the moment too :P

Yeh I am basically, it's great! Plenty of access to good studio facilities, couldn't ask for more! Getting a fair bit of work out of it already too!
How funky ! The small lick at 00.07 - 00.09 is to die for !! Such a detail :-)
Great rythm,I hear a huge chili-influence, but that is a good thing. Fun transitions all the way.And the bass-solo is spot on,including the party going on.Lots of creative ideas.Very good work,party on !
Nice song, the chorus is very catchy. Reminds me a bit of red hot chili peppers. The singer has a good tone too, but some part of me wanted for him to just belt out higher notes. Also this i probably just personal taste but maybe have a few funky lower riffs that have a bit of blues in them might sound cool. Overall nicely done.
Funky.

The guitars are very sharp and well played, and the whole song has a very cool groove to it. What I would say is that the singer isn't as good at the beginning of the song as he is at the end - the higher end of his register suits him far more than the lower end. I'd also say, from a musicians perspective, I find the semitone movements (y'know, the DUN DUN DUN DUN bit, if you had to sing the song like a drummer) a little musically weak; seems like you weren't sure how to connect certain bits of the song so whacked it in. Other than that, nice.
Hey man,

Like the tune. I sense a bit of Hendrix's influence in your rhythm and lead guitar stylings and as the song goes on I hear a bit of Frusciante as well. Very professional sounding. I kind of like that little chromatic bit, although I like it a bit more with the lead guitar over the top, kind of fleshes out the picture a little bit. You could do the same thing with a drum fill though. I especially like this "mmm-ahh" groove bit towards the end.

Overall, I like it a lot man. Some parts might be a little drawn out, but the only people that would really care about that would be the folks on the radio. Keep it up.
Cyberbob,
The intro was panning a whole lot, glad it didn't pan around any longer (I'm on headphones). The song itself is really cool! I like the funky melodies! Some of the highest guitar notes are ear-piercing for me. It would be nice if you could get some good vocals on this. Good song writing! Say hi to the Edge for me Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426734
Quote by aaron aardvark
Cyberbob,
The intro was panning a whole lot, glad it didn't pan around any longer (I'm on headphones). The song itself is really cool! I like the funky melodies! Some of the highest guitar notes are ear-piercing for me. It would be nice if you could get some good vocals on this. Good song writing! Say hi to the Edge for me Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426734

Will do man, though I think you were listening to an older song on my profile maybe? This song doesn't have an intro!
this sounds great man, the production quality is sounds very good

i tried to come up with something constructive, but i'm not sure i'd change the song at all, i even love basically all the guitar tones you have chosen. only thing maybe, instead of jumping directly into it you could build it a bit, but you are building it into the chorus anyways so it works to me, if that makes sense at all...