hello

Set up:
Epiphone LP Standard Plus Top w/ stock pickups
Ibanez S570DXQM with stock pickups
Digitech rp355
Line 6 Spider 4 15w

RANDOM INFO:
Genre: Hard Rock, Blues, Metal
Budget:350$ (450$, but my preferance would be around 350$)
City: Louisville KY USA
Future Interest: Roland GR-55 Synthesizer, A good amp, a nice set of pickups that will play Hard Rock/Metal/Blues, Better Guitar
Favorite Musicians/Bands: Carlos Santana, The Eagles, Randy Rhoades, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Black Label Society, Anthrax, The Grateful Dead...etc. the list goes on

Im 16...no job...so aquiring money is a rather difficult thing for me lol. I help my dad in construction and i recently helped him build a house, getting around 1,400$. After scrounging around and trying out a variety of guitars i settled with an Ibanez S570DXQM (which i would easily reccomend to anyone)

BUT...now im looking for a good (by good i mean decent) amp that will play anything...cleans, blues, gains, metal...

now i know with 350$ i can get a somewhat decent modelling amp or solid state...im not shooting for the sky here because i want to put some money in the bank and not spend all my money on a totally new rig.

I would rather keep the wattage under 150w, because i play in my bedroom alot, but i also play with a band so i have to be loud enough to hear myself.

I've looked all the way from the Peavey Vypyr 75w, to the Line 6 Spider 75w to the Fender Mustang 3 100w and Fender Frontman 212r

im not against buying pedals if need be, but yet again...i would prefer to keep the total budget under 350-400$ or so, so i can atleast have a little money to toss away into the bank

Thanks so much guys, as usual, you all rock and thanks for the recommendations
i am think a Jet City 20 watt stack would good for you and you can use the rp for your hevier stuff
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Get a tube-powered vypyr 60 used and the footswitch. For the variety of tones you want and your budget a modeling amp will serve you best IMO. You should be able to pick both up for under $400.
you could just get a Vypyr and be satisfied, but you're almost into tube territory with a budget of $400. Also, you have two nice guitars in my opinion and I think it would be worth it to look at some entry level tube amps life a Jet City JCA, Valveking, Marshall MA, Bugera 333 etc... There's a lot to choose from, and like the poster above me said, you can use your digitech with any of those amps to get the REALLY high gain stuff (although I tend to prefer amp distortion with a boost if needed).
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I have never tried this amp in person, but take a look at the Peavey Bandit?
The specs seem to fit into your categories. Price was also roughly in your boundaries (At least used). Note that it lacks a headphone jack, if you like to play at night.
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
In my opinion the Bandit is a poor choice unless you have a lot of pedals to work with it. It doesn't have great dist, reverb, or a very effective EQ. It's old solid state technology that really isn't very good for anything in particular. I had to gig with one in an emergency situation once and I was pretty disappointed with my sound.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
You've basically described a Vypyr Tube 60

Not sure how much they go for in the US, but look used and it will definitely fit in your budget
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by evmac
In my opinion the Bandit is a poor choice unless you have a lot of pedals to work with it. It doesn't have great dist, reverb, or a very effective EQ. It's old solid state technology that really isn't very good for anything in particular. I had to gig with one in an emergency situation once and I was pretty disappointed with my sound.

Ok, as I said, I haven't tried this, only read.

Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
k, ill look at the peavey tube vypyr

i have a quick question...would it be worth it to throw in another 200$ (so my budget goes from 350-450$ to 550-650$) to buy a low grade tube amp? I know that tube amps are TOP NOTCH amps...they generally have a better tone, and they usually are all around better...but are they any worthwhile tube amps with that kind of budget? like an Ibanez tube screamer or anything like that? (thats just a random assumption for a good amp, i've seen it once, heard it once, and never tried it lol)
I'd personally say hell yes they're worth it. I bought my Valveking 212 for $380 off the bay and it's an amazing amp. I don't turn it past 3-4 for shows. Sure I went from a Marshall Valvestate/Line 6 Spider to the Peavey, but it's leagues better than those, especially with the simple mods you can do.

It all really depends what you need it for. I bought the Peavey because I needed a workmans tube amp with some gain that I could play any show with. If you're just practising in your room, I wouldn't recommend buy a tube amp because they only start sounding awesome when have you them cranked.

You could find tube amps with your current budget as well. It all depends on what you need it for.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
the valveking seems pretty good & within budget, i'll put it on the list of other amps im comparing lol