Which one is better Boss Super OverDrive SD-1 pedal or the Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal. I play things like hardcore ( if your guys know A Day To Remember, Attack Attack, OF mice and men) that music which is better for that?
Firstly no versus threads.

To answer your question neither is better stock. They are OK at best. I run both in my rig and its not pleasant used on top of the amps gain but sounds good clean. The trick I find, is to run your amp clean and crank the volume till its just at breaking up point and then use them. This of course, only applies if you have a tube amp.
You're never going to get any high gain sound out of either, so it won't make you sound like any of those bands.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
what amp are you using, and why do you think you need a distortion pedal?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If you like Of Mice and Men I'd suggest a good reading light

Anywho, they're completely different. The DS1 is a distortion and has a harsher "heavier" sound whereas the SD1 is an OD and is warmer and mostly used as a clean boost.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Quote by dannycasevnx
Firstly no versus threads.

This is not the type of versus thread that is looked down upon here. The TS is asking which would suit his style and needs better. The versus threads that are banned are stuff like 'what is better, fender or gibson? discuss', because it generates a lot of stupid debate with no real point.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
This is not the type of versus thread that is looked down upon here. The TS is asking which would suit his style and needs better. The versus threads that are banned are stuff like 'what is better, fender or gibson? discuss', because it generates a lot of stupid debate with no real point.

Yeah you're right sorry.

I did give him information based on what I believe is the best way to use these pedals, but until we know what amp he has we can't really tell him if either would work.
For that type of music niether. The sd-1 is best used with the gain vrmery low and gets harsh if you turn it past 9 o clock. The ds-1 is crap IMO im modding mine as soon as i can get a soldering iron i finally took it off my board.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo