I mainly need moral support 'cause my wife thinks is silly to spend that $$ on something I can't play ( she didn't say it but she's right ! But I want to learn on something good ! ) .

I kept looking for a bargain for a MIM Strat , but didn't want to pay too much . I THINK my patience has just been rewarded . I just won THIS MIJ Strat on E-bay ! . It's from a top rated seller .

The 2011 VINTAGE GUITAR PRICE GUIDE says MIJ should be $550 - 600 . ANd goodness knows how seldom a LH comes up for sale . The RH ones sell way more than what I paid . I scarcely paid more than a MIM . I'm happy . Worst case scenario it'll go to Craigs list or here . It might not sell quick , but I can't imagine losing $$ here .

So how'd I do ? I may have to find a LH player to check it out and see how it sounds . I'm still in single hours playing .... But at least I'll look good holding it ?
A man walking down the street is jumped by a mugger . The mans sternly says " Before you start anything , I'm warning you - I know Kung Fu , Karate , and 3 other Chinese Words " !
With That in mind - I know Frets, strings, pickups...
Last edited by tarheellefty at Apr 9, 2011,
so wait?

Are you left handed or not? because if you're not that's kinda just stupid
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
i say go for it

its not often lefty players like us find good deals on ebay and such
...btw im jealous been looking for a similar strat for a while but i cant afford any
Quote by diofan88
so wait?

Are you left handed or not? because if you're not that's kinda just stupid

Uh, yes I am ...

Check out my handle
A man walking down the street is jumped by a mugger . The mans sternly says " Before you start anything , I'm warning you - I know Kung Fu , Karate , and 3 other Chinese Words " !
Quote by supersac
i say go for it

its not often lefty players like us find good deals on ebay and such
...btw im jealous been looking for a similar strat for a while but i cant afford any

Surfing Ebay and Craigs list has turned into my hobby lately .
I bought 1st guitar earlier this yr - just a basic Ibanez off Ebay for $130 . But I learned from my other ( real ) hobby - guns - it's better to spend a little more for the extra quality .

I've chased MIM Strats couple times . but I hate paying "market price " . MIMS get LOTS of bids ( 4 rt now listed , one has 23 bids ) . they end up around low 200 area . I couldn't believe only 2 other bidders on what I just bought . I HATE watching bidding go through the roof the last hour of auction . No one bid on this until last night ; then I bid ( low $300 ) and was high bid . THis AM someone bid once , but hat was it . I actually bid w/ 10 seconds to go ( to mid $300 ) expecting a "sniper " to try and steal it - but it didn't happen SO it's MINE !
Oh you should go for it, looks pretty promising and your from NC? Where from.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by Conbryvas
Oh you should go for it, looks pretty promising and your from NC? Where from.

Just hit Paypal - it's done .
I'm in Greensboro
IMO it's a gorgeous guitar and a great price.

I don't really think your wife has a valid point if you want to learn to play 300 dollars isnt ridiculous for a first guitar especially for a MIJ strat. Besides alot of peoples first guitar is a strat copy of some type (I know mine was). And IMO that one will grow with you especially being left handed reduces your choices.
Last edited by Dangertux at Apr 9, 2011,
assuming it's legit and in good nick that sounds like a very good price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dangertux
IMO it's a gorgeous guitar and a great price.

I don't really think your wife has a valid point if you want to learn to play 300 dollars isnt ridiculous for a first guitar especially for a MIJ strat. Besides alot of peoples first guitar is a strat copy of some type (I know mine was). And IMO that one will grow with you especially being left handed reduces your choices.

Thank you .

I got interested in guitars over the past yr because my son is taking Bass lessons and it's just been nice to see him so interested in something . We go to a 2nd hand store here ( "Music Go Round ") that deals w/ 2nd hand instruments . They told us when we asked that most of their merchandise is "entry level " - they pay a little better ( I guess ) than Guitar center and such . but they don't have much to sell to folks looking to "trade up " .

I think the guitar I bought today will keep me from needing to " trade up " - well , that's my story for rt now anyhow

ADD: And in fairness to my wife , she's been a good sport about this .
Last edited by tarheellefty at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Ippon
Find out how much of a sport she really is ... buy a Splawn Quickrod! It's made in your neck of the woods!

I had to google it - . Maybe I'll wait until I can play a scale at least

Maybe I'll wait until I have the guns and ammo behind diift locks !

That makes me think of the rifle matches I go to where a guy pulls a $3000 rifle out of a $300 car That'd be even funnier if the guy didn't beat me
Nah I understand how it is to be married man. My wife rags on me for spending money on guitars but she goes out with her friendsfor lunch and comes back with 500 bucks worth of clothes lol (keep in mind mine is the only income).

And I have music go round here too honestly don't trade in with them if you wanna sell something do it on eBay on craigslist. MGR gives horrible money for trade ins. They offered me 200 bucks for a 1500 dollar guitar once. Needless to say I told them to blow t out there ass I could do better at a pawnshop.

However I do recommend checking out their used amps thy usually are on good condition and very reasonably priced.
Last edited by Dangertux at Apr 9, 2011,