Is it possible to buy covers for humbuckers because i dont like how the dust and whatnot can go under them. What would be the cost ($) for both? Also would like to have them covered for a unique appearance. Muchos gracias!
Pictures would've helped, but I assume at the moment you have open buckers, where you can see the casing for both coils rather than looking at it as a whole unit?

Cases are normally available, on eBay I imagine they'd probably be around $10, $15 a set. Fixing them can be a bit troublesome so, as they are held onto the pickup with solder. You basically solder the longer sides of the case to the base of the pickup so they stay in place. It's not difficult as such, but it's a bit like soldering to the back of a volume pot as they just soak up all the heat.
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
yeah, you can buy them, but i think you have to solder them on and then wax pot them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah okay thanks. yeah i forgot to put what guitar i have, it's an Epi LP Special II, so yeah I see a pair of coils for both pickups.
sucks i'll have to solder, wouldve been easier if i was able to screw it in
Look into the pickup covers made by WD Music Products. They slip right over top of the pickup, no soldering or screwing required.

I put one on my Jackson to cover up the Dimarzio X2N I put on it.

It doesn't rattle nor does it interfere with the pickups sound. Plus it was only $6.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Just get plastic ones and you wont have to solder anything or wax pot them. They will look like EMG's instead of chrome PAF's like on a Gibson.

HERE Is a link for some covers at "All Parts" They have ones made out of plastic, metal or wood

good idea
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah p90s are a different size to humbuckers
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mmm those look nice. will those look good on a blue guitar? imagining it in my head lol. well first of all ill need to get a job and some experience in soldering hehe
Quote by DigitalPimpSlap
mmm those look nice. will those look good on a blue guitar? imagining it in my head lol. well first of all ill need to get a job and some experience in soldering hehe

Oh, your guitar is blue. In that case, get the vintage chromes. The first models that came up when I searched your guitar model were the white, red, and sunburst models, which all would look good with gold.

WD's pickup covers don't require soldering, they slip right onto the pickup. You do need to remove the strings, though.