Alright so im aware that if you play a fret on any string that if you play it 12 frets higher it should sound the same. (octave higher) On all my strings they sound perfect on every fret but on the high e string whenever i play for example the 3rd fret and then i play the 15th fret the 15th fret sounds flat. Its impossible to get the notes to sound the same on the high E string and I was wondering if anybody knows what the problem for this is?
Is it just that the string needs replacement? Its been there for around a month and my playing is very consistent.
Or does that have to do with something else such as the intonation? I didnt wanna mess with the intonation because I didnt wanna accidently make things worse.
Id appreciate the help from other players.
Dang I was hoping it wasn't. Its easy to fix? Say if I were to adjust the intonation on just that string would i have to adjust the intonation on all the rest of the strings? Or just that one in particular. Also would I have to replace the string?
there's a guitar set up sticky thread at the top of the EG forum. i'll teach you how to set up intonation. very simple. depending on your bridge, the only thing you'll need is a screw driver
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
yes, it's easy
yes, it's only for that string
no, you don't have to replace it
go google it
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Thanks guys i knew I was gonna have to learn how to adjust it sooner or later. Depending on your bridge? I have a Floyd Rose Tremolo so would that make it harder or easier?
Quote by MusicsMyHero
Thanks guys i knew I was gonna have to learn how to adjust it sooner or later. Depending on your bridge? I have a Floyd Rose Tremolo so would that make it harder or easier?

A bit harder, sorry , just another reason why floyds are a pain. Good if set it up properly, and you use it lots, other than that, a pain.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Thanks alot guys for all the help. I now fully understand how to intonate a floyd rose equipped guitar.
I have to say through the process I found out that 5/6 of my strings werent properly intonated and I was able to fix all of them except for one.
The high E string is still to flat and I have a feeling that its the string that is causing it to be that way.
The reason I believe its the string is because since its to flat im supposed to bring the saddle forward but the saddle cant come forward anymore than it already is.
Besides the fact that its old, I wrapped that string badly and I read up somewhere that bad string winding can cause the intonation to be impossible to pinpoint.
So tomorrow ill get a new pack of strings and Ill try again.
One more question though.
Does the tuning your in on a floyd rose affect the intonation at all? Like I have it tuned to Drop C# and I intonated all the strings. If I were to bring it back to E standard would I have to adjust the intonation all over again?
I would appreciate it if you guys could help me with this last question.
Quote by MusicsMyHero

1. Does the tuning your in on a floyd rose affect the intonation at all? Like I have it tuned to Drop C# and I intonated all the strings.
2. If I were to bring it back to E standard would I have to adjust the intonation all over again?
I would appreciate it if you guys could help me with this last question.

1. Yes tuning does affect it, HOWEVER, only slightly, the thickness of your strings affects it more, but still, it does.

2. This is why when people say they keep their floyds in one tuning, THEY MEAN IT.
Sadly yes, you would have to re-intonate it JUST to make it perfect, it wouldn't go off by much, in fact it'd hardly go off at all, but if you wanted perfect intonation, yes, and stick to the same size string.

Also, the intonation on the G or B string (can't remember), is suppose to be SLIGHTLY and I mean, a rediculous amount, sharp. just by a tiny little bit. I'd do some more research on this.

Also, it's best to intonate with new strings, and yes bad strings can cause intonation problems. So I hope this helped man, I wish you luck in your quest to intonate your axe.

Keep it brutal man
Cheers
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by MusicsMyHero
Thanks alot for helping me out! The world would waste away without people like you.

Thanks a lot man, Glad to help
ಠ_ಠ