Page 1 of 2
Just spent the better part of this week discovering and watching this series, as well as it's movie sequel. Needless to say I found this show to be one of the best shows I've seen. Dissapointed that it got cancelled though, there was so much more character development and 'space cowboy' antics to have been had.

What's the pits thoughts on this cult classic?
<---

EDIT: Guess I'll add more. Though I love the whole series, one of my personal favorites is the Jayne Town episode. I even took the time to try to learn the song The tabs are somewhere here on UG
Last edited by ABRfan at Apr 9, 2011,
One of the best shows ever put on the air.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I always see Firefly] in my Netflix suggested-thing, and I've heard it was such a great show, but I've still not gotten to watch it

But then again, I spent a decent amount of time yesterday watching My So-Called Life...
yea firefly was an amazing show. One of my favorites.
I play guitar.
Brilliant, short-lived show. Such a good cast dynamic. I think that was the biggest contributor to the quality of the show, you felt like the characters actually had real relationships with each other.

Firefly and Arrested Development are the two shows that first come to mind when I think of shows unjustly cut short.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by ABRfan
<---

EDIT: Guess I'll add more. Though I love the whole series, one of my personal favorites is the Jayne Town episode. I even took the time to try to learn the song The tabs are somewhere here on UG

The premise of that episode is hilarious. The song just put the icing on the cake.
Quote by Doodleface
One of the best shows ever put on the air.

ONE OF???

imho

THE best sci fi show EVER!

now go watch serenity.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
There are few shows with the depth, intelligence, humor, and action of Firefly. I haven't seen them anyway.
Just got it coincidentally. Watched the first 5 minutes before I had to leave earlier today.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's damn shiny.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by FlashNinja
The premise of that episode is hilarious. The song just put the icing on the cake.

"We need to go to the crappy planet where I'm a hero"
It's gorram amazing.

Watched the whole series + movie over the course of a weekend a while back, then felt completely down that there's never going to be more.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Great, show- Nathan Fillion kicks ass. Castle is also a good show thanks to him.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Quote by bladedguitar66
Great, show- Nathan Fillion kicks ass. Castle is also a good show thanks to him.

I was watching Firefly on netflix, and I paused it to go get a snack and as I'm walking through the living room where my dad was watching Castle, I see Nathan Fillion on t.v. and freak. Weeks later I become hooked on Castle. Stana Katic
Quote by Yeti60

Firefly and Arrested Development are the two shows that first come to mind when I think of shows unjustly cut short.

And Caprica...

Fans of Firefly should try the new Battlestar Galactica, both AWESOME sci-fi shows. After watching Caprica, at the end of the last episode there's a trailer for the cancelled season two, I nearly cried knowing It would never see the light of day.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny
And Caprica...

Fans of Firefly should try the new Battlestar Galactica, both AWESOME sci-fi shows. After watching Caprica, at the end of the last episode there's a trailer for the cancelled season two, I nearly cried knowing It would never see the light of day.

I loved BSG, still haven't got around to watching Caprica. I might do so, but then it always sucks watching a show that you know was cut short.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Quote by Kilobyte
I loved BSG, still haven't got around to watching Caprica. I might do so, but then it always sucks watching a show that you know was cut short.

I had this feeling going into Firefly, but knowing there was a tie up movie softened it a little. Still so many questions though. Who was Shepard Book really!? Bloody Fox.
Quote by FlashNinja
I had this feeling going into Firefly, but knowing there was a tie up movie softened it a little. Still so many questions though. Who was Shepard Book really!? Bloody Fox.

I seem to remember hearing something about some Firefly books being released, one of which was supposed to give more information about Shepherd Book's background.

That's my favorite sci-fi show. I've seen all the episodes and the movie maaaaaaany times.

My arguably favorite episode is the one with their war body who is smuggling organs
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought

My arguably favorite episode is the one with their war body who is smuggling organs

“If you can't run, you walk. If you can't walk, you crawl. If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you.”
Quote by FlashNinja
“If you can't run, you walk. If you can't walk, you crawl. If ypu can't crawl, you find someone to carry you.”

Love that quote. It's the only one that's stuck with me from the series
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Doodleface
One of the best shows ever cancelled.

Fixed. Unfortunately.

Quote by Kilobyte
I seem to remember hearing something about some Firefly books being released, one of which was supposed to give more information about Shepherd Book's background.

It was a comic IIRC. Which was supposed to give us the whole backstory. I really want to read it, but alas, I don't have a copy...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Dreadnought
Love that quote. It's the only one that's stuck with me from the series

One of the ones that stuck in my mind is when Jayne says:

"You know what the chain of command is?

It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command
."

One of my favourite quotes is Wash's first line.

"Damn your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
Last edited by FlashNinja at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by FlashNinja
One of my favourite quotes is Wash's first line.

"Damn you're sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

That'd be "curse" instead of damn, but it's such a great introduction to his character.

It's on a shirt too: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/baf9/

Quote by Kilobyte
That'd be "curse" instead of damn

My nerd-cred has been shattered.
One of my favorite shows, but there's one thing about Firefly that always bothered me, which is the Reavers. They're featured heavily in the first and third episodes, and then it's like they don't exist for the rest of the series, and then become a huge plot point in the movie. I just thought it was weird how they're introduced, completely forgotten, then brought back for the big screen. They were one of my favorite parts of the show, and I think it would have been cool if we saw more of them.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by teachmeviolence
One of my favorite shows, but there's one thing about Firefly that always bothered me, which is the Reavers. They're featured heavily in the first and third episodes, and then it's like they don't exist for the rest of the series, and then become a huge plot point in the movie. I just thought it was weird how they're introduced, completely forgotten, then brought back for the big screen. They were one of my favorite parts of the show, and I think it would have been cool if we saw more of them.

I see your point, but I believe the sheer intensity and how rarely they were used added to the "power" of the reavers. I may just be a pussy, but how they were defined and the visuals they provoked brought a lot of power to the movie. Also, if they were featured more often in the series, I feel it would be less of them being this horrific horde of atrocious beings, and more so an unending enemy like in Power Rangers.
Page 1 of 2