Every time I roll back my tone knob, it just sounds terrible. It sounds stiff congested, like my ears are plugged. The funny thing is that my guitar is still to bright. It gets muddier, but it still sounds super hard and solid in a bad way. The worst part is the attack of the note. It's stiff and dull at the same time. Very hard to explain. It always sounds better wide open. Do I just have a bad pot/electronics overall? Anybody share my problem or have recommendations to make my tone pot more usable?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

what guitar have you got and what p-ups are on it?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
what guitar have you got and what p-ups are on it?

Carvin DC-145 with a Duncan Custom Custom. I replaced magnet with alnico 8; less mids, more balanced, and a lot hotter FYI.

I've heard that Carvin electronics are sub-par, but I won't jump to conclusions just yet.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

What about your amp? I've never had a problem with my Carvin like that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
What about your amp? I've never had a problem with my Carvin like that.
Marshall DSL. What kind of Carvin did you have?
Quote by blackflag49

I have a CT-4 (see sig)

It could be the maple neck in neck through body. Generally that would seem pretty bright.
Try messing with your amp a bit though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club