Yeah i know another one of these....but ive desided if i want to continue playing the kind of music that i want to play i need a new amp.

HEy all if you didnt already know ive been into alot of sabbath lately and have been experemnting with other music i like. I need a new tuber though as the valve special sounds great, but isnt a metal amp...

My budget is very low, so i wont mention it as you will laugh. but try your best if you can please to come up with a nice cheap tuber XD.

Im looking for something with a good tone for black sabbath like tones, hopefully above 30 watts, and of course is a tuber.

used preforably as its cheaper and i can get a better amp for cheap . Please try your best not to laugh at me if i say "thats to expenisve" as im a poor 14 year old XD.

tHanks in advance!

-Jarrod
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
what's wrong with your valve special.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
what's wrong with your valve special.

There is no gain whatsoever. turning the gain up all the way gets a gain that isnt even gainy enough for sunshine of your love. i love the amp, and it does sound good with a OD, but i want RAW tube distortion with tone that works for black sabbath. i mean i can get by with the valve special for now, it does sound good, but not sabbath good.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
there's not really much better options in the cheap cheap price range. what's your real budget.

Quote by MrWright_11
second hand marshall jcm or a marshall MA series

ebay isnt reasonable when it comes to used marshalls, any where else i can check? craiglist in my area doesnt have crap so thats kicked out of the barn C:
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by AcousticMirror
there's not really much better options in the cheap cheap price range. what's your real budget.

i would like it to be 200 bucks but realisticly, 350 is the highest i can go. that would take me a couple of months of saving to get up to. unless my parents would let me take money out of my fricken bank account...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
you can grab a jca20 combo.

Quote by hawk5211
distortion pedal? Pretty easy solution right there.

i have an overdrive...isnt those the same?

its just missing the oomph im looking for...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by sonic_777111
Jet City JCA20? Blackstar HT5?

ill take a peak at those if i can get the stack cheap.

BUT i forgot to mention i would much prefer having a combo.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
WOW! i just found a jet city jca20 stack for 250 bucks! that amazing!. i have 120 dollars on hand now! if i take some money out of the bank i could so get thise!'

CRAP! shipping is 39 bucks.....

well keep the suggestion coming please XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Peavey Valveking? What is your closest major city?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Peavey Valveking? What is your closest major city?

BOSTON. the valveking is nice, but its a tab bit to expensive .
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
You can find a used valveking for $250 easy.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
You can find a used valveking for $250 easy.

i cant XD. been looking all mourning...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Guitar Center used section

Just ask them to ship the amp to a store near you.

Edit: Apparently it won't let me link to the search I did. Just search Valveking and you'll get a bunch of results.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Last edited by Major Sparky at Apr 9, 2011,
Quote by Major Sparky
Guitar Center used section

Just ask them to ship the amp to a store near you.

Edit: Apparently it won't let me link to the search I did. Just search Valveking and you'll get a bunch of results.

saw some good prices in there. might end up doing that...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
jarrod buddy have some patience don't half ass it by being cheap and in a hurry. if you can find a used amp great if not save and make due with what you have for now.
Quote by monwobobbo
jarrod buddy have some patience don't half ass it by being cheap and in a hurry. if you can find a used amp great if not save and make due with what you have for now.

LOL I THOUGHT U WERE MY DAD FOR A SECON THERE! thats not an insult, he says stuff like this ALL THE TIME! id reather go used either way, like i said, cheaper.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
LOL I THOUGHT U WERE MY DAD FOR A SECON THERE! thats not an insult, he says stuff like this ALL THE TIME! id reather go used either way, like i said, cheaper.

well i'm probably way older than your dad (50) and have a kid myself so no suprise. no problem looking for a bargain that is just wise spending. i'm just saying don't buy something that isn't what you really want because it's cheap. i wasn't made out of money when i first started to play and made some stupid mistakes so i figure i'll try to pass on some common sense to young players now. of course there was no internet or anything like this back then. you have way more choices for equipment at reasonable prices than i did as well.
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Yeah i know another one of these....but ive desided if i want to continue playing the kind of music that i want to play i need a new amp.

HEy all if you didnt already know ive been into alot of sabbath lately and have been experemnting with other music i like. I need a new tuber though as the valve special sounds great, but isnt a metal amp...

My budget is very low, so i wont mention it as you will laugh. but try your best if you can please to come up with a nice cheap tuber XD.

Im looking for something with a good tone for black sabbath like tones, hopefully above 30 watts, and of course is a tuber.

used preforably as its cheaper and i can get a better amp for cheap . Please try your best not to laugh at me if i say "thats to expenisve" as im a poor 14 year old XD.

tHanks in advance!

-Jarrod

wampler?

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/
Boston craigslist has some awesome stuff on it. Trust me man.

You can definatly get a JCA20H combo on the CL, just be patient, wait a couple weeks. Check out the GC in Boston too, they have some great used stuff.

I too am in search of the JCA combo, and Im near Boston. They go up quite often, they just sell really fast and Im never there in time
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by monwobobbo
well i'm probably way older than your dad (50) and have a kid myself so no suprise. no problem looking for a bargain that is just wise spending. i'm just saying don't buy something that isn't what you really want because it's cheap. i wasn't made out of money when i first started to play and made some stupid mistakes so i figure i'll try to pass on some common sense to young players now. of course there was no internet or anything like this back then. you have way more choices for equipment at reasonable prices than i did as well.

my dad is 52 XD. okay ill look out for some stuff that i really like for a cheap price instead of just going with the cheapest thing i can findXD. And guy who also live near boston (sorry couldnt get done your name before i pressed "reply now" button, but where do you live? mabye we can jam sometime! Well then again, if your an older dude that'd be awkward...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by sethp

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh wich one exactly? and i asked for an amp, not a pedal...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
my dad is 52 XD. okay ill look out for some stuff that i really like for a cheap price instead of just going with the cheapest thing i can findXD. And guy who also live near boston (sorry couldnt get done your name before i pressed "reply now" button, but where do you live? mabye we can jam sometime! Well then again, if your an older dude that'd be awkward...

If your into online hookups...craigslist does have a section for that.

BUT...no thanks
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
If your into online hookups...craigslist does have a section for that.

BUT...no thanks

lol funny.

I just need someone to jam with no one i know lays guitar or drums
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build