Sorry for such a dumb sounding question as my first post here. I just bought an EVH Wolfgang Special after reading so many great reviews of the guitar. I just sold a Peavey Wolfgang Standard in order to buy the new one. I loved the Peavey, but just wanted to change things up a bit and get back to a flat top similar to my old EB Music Man Axis. Unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed in the tone and how it compares to the Peavey (I ordered it from Musician's Friend as no shops within a few hundred miles of me had one to try out first). Prior to ordering, I did read how the pick-ups on the EVH are not as hot as the Peavey's and how the tone is brighter. I was just hoping there'd be less of a difference than there actually is.

So my question is, without changing out the pick-ups, are there any magical (or common sense) amp/guitar (volume/tone/treble/mid/bass) settings to get more of my old Peavey tone I'm looking for... thicker, chunkier, less-bright sounding chords? Thanks for helping a newbie to the forum out.
Yeah, buying a guitar online after reading reviews saying that it the tone of the guitar was not what you were looking for was a very good idea.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
this isnt really a setting... but you can change the caps in your guitar. its like 5 bucks for a cap at radiohut or 50 cents online.

just as a guess, you probably have a .022mf or .015 mf cap in there now, try changing it to like a .047mf or .033mf orange drop

you could also try a lower value tone pot for a few bucks...
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by ArnaudJ
Yeah, buying a guitar online after reading reviews saying that it the tone of the guitar was not what you were looking for was a very good idea.

Of course I wanted it to be tonally different than the Peavey. I never said what I read in the reviews wasn't what I was looking for. Like I said in my first post, I wasn't expecting it to be as big of a difference as it was. Based on all the reviews and a bunch of youtube videos, I was expecting the tone to be somewhere in the middle of what the new EVH one is and the Peavey was.

Regardless, I do like the tone of the EVH (maybe "disappointed" was a poor choice of words on my part) and by no means regret the purchase. Just wish it had a bit more grunt like my Peavey. That's all I'm saying.
Quote by kabinski
Of course I wanted it to be tonally different than the Peavey. I never said what I read in the reviews wasn't what I was looking for. Like I said in my first post, I wasn't expecting it to be as big of a difference as it was. Based on all the reviews and a bunch of youtube videos, I was expecting the tone to be somewhere in the middle of what the new EVH one is and the Peavey was.

Regardless, I do like the tone of the EVH (maybe "disappointed" was a poor choice of words on my part) and by no means regret the purchase. Just wish it had a bit more grunt like my Peavey. That's all I'm saying.

Alright! Enjoy your new guitar then

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Just like people no two guitars are the same.Embrace each guitar for its own tone have fun and stop chasing something you will more then likely will not find. It makes life much easier in then long run and cheaper on the wallet.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.