hey, ive been thinking of getting a custom bass built from fbass and i have a couple questions

1. what are guitar tops?

2. What are the benefits of a 5 piece neck?

3. what is the difference between neck thru and bolt on?
Well if its what i think you mean, many guitars have a figured maple top for looks whereas the body would likely be either alder, ash, mahogany, or basswood. i dont know 2..but to 3, a bolt on neck is bolted on right where it meets the body whereas a neck thru runs most of the length of the body inside it. neck thrus generally have more sustain though im not sure if it matters too much with a bass.
1. the guitar tops consist of flame maple, quilt maple, koa, babinga, and spalted maple most usually... the tops add looks and a maple top tends to brighten a guitar up.
2. 5 piece necks give rigidity and structure they tend to break less often.
3.neck thru is where a neck is made that is also the length of the guitar body also and two body wings are glued on to the sides. bolt on is 3-7 bolts holding a separate made neck.
Heard of Google? I hear it's pretty good at answering questions. How exactly do you come to own so many guitars and basses and not know the answers to that stuff?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.