Hey

Trying to increase my soloing speed up to a point where i can play the solo from Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin. Right now the solos I know are You Shook Me All Night Long, Sunshine of Your Love, and Fire (All admitedly easy so don't flame me about them).

Any good suggestions for solos that are faster, but still gradually increasing in difficulty up from the ones stated above?
One - Metallica (last two solos good for tapping too.)
Stairway to Heaven
Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin (requires a lot of hammer/pull off finger strength practice some trilling)
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
I Am The Law by Anthrax was a really helpful one for me early on. Sounds much harder than it actually is, like a lot of their stuff.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I will post again with more suggestions.

No one like you - the scorpions
Voodoo chile (slight return) - Jimi Hendrix (you need a wah for this to sound right)
Nothing else matters - metallica
Crossfire - Stevie ray Vaughan
Phantom of the opera - iron maiden
Black magic woman - Santana (not fast but a great song to learn and fun to play)
the trooper-iron maiden
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold (a bit difficult for a first solo)
Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
i'd have a go at 'one big rush', by joe satriani. i say that because it requires a larger variety of technique than alot of led zeppelin stuff, but its still considerably easy.
+1 about the Metallica solos
You could try some Kiss!? Same as Metallica in as much as there's plenty of stock licks played at speed and with variations.
Also try some Gary Moore (great expression as well as speed)
Let us know how you get on!
Just learn something that's a bit faster than you're comfortable with - guitar isn't about making big jumps and you can't force yourself to get significantly better in a short space of time, you're going to progress gradually.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
My suggestion is to start learning the solo u want to learn u mentioned at your first post. Start at low speed and gradually raise the speed till u get to the original speed. That is how i learn any solo i want... It might take some time till u get to the speed u want.
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W