the song is on my page its titled untitled. ok so this is a really rough demo of a song i'm working on so i'm just looking for comments on the actual song and not the recording. i just need some opinions/constructive criticism. anything you guys have to say is greatly appreciated. and of course c4c
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Apr 10, 2011,
It was interesting. There were parts that I really liked but at other times it got pretty busy and once I had to check and make sure my laptop wasn't messing it up. I guess just simplify and clean it up a little. For example I thought the part from 0:30 to 1:00 were pretty busy but 3:30 on was really cool.

Overall, simplify the busier parts.
Quote by slayer_zero
Tell them God told you to rock.
It seems a little sloppy, and the tone is obviously not good, but you know this. So I'll base this crit on just the music.

The riffs seem kind of...I don't know, I think the tempo of this should be faster, but the riff at 1:25 with those bends, that part is good, I think that part shines in the first half of the song.

The riff behind the octave guitar at 2:35 is really cool too, I thought I'd add that.

As I said, I feel like some of it feels slow, maybe just because there are no drums.

3:30, that ringing riff seems a bit out of key to me, you might have been going for that.
The shred part was pretty cool, reminded me of Wretched if you've ever listened to them.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Hey buddy! How are you?

So I listened twice to get some roots on it, and like you said, it's pretty much a "concept" or something like that, it seems like some parts don't flow too well with each other.
It takes some time to get "into" the song at the beginning, but I guess the drums will eventually make it sound normal, with a good progression to bring the song to a punchy start
I like it though, I think I can hear where you're going with this, after making some cuts here and there, it's good. I like the agressive vibe its got, I like how it seems to be dark, and there's only guitar. I'm looking forward what this is going to evolve in!

:3

You can review my song therrre: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431159
DeadlySurprise.com