So, my amp seems to be screeching once i turn the volume past 7 at 100% gain. or the gain past 7 at 100% volume. my room is really small so i cant really fix this by walking away. so, what is the best noise gate for feedback and some hum that wont shape my tone?
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
I personally haven't used a noise gate but I have heard that the Boss noise suppressor is good, whatever model number it is. I know theres an MXR Smart Gate and a Rocktron one but other than that you could try the Boss.
I have to say, if you play with a high gain and at a loud volume the boss ns-2 does struggle greatly with it, mine adds more feedback than it takes away sometimes haha. Definitely look into the ISP decimator or the MXR though
i love my ISP decimator.
i use it with my VK212 with the gain at 10 and volume anywhere, and it crushes, well, decimates any feedback that i run in to.
Why the **** would you turn up a Bandit or JCA2112 that loud in a small room? Anything's gonna screach at that point. Also, enjoy your tinnitus.
i'm thinking i'll go for the mxr smart gate. i'm going to change the tubes from the china ones because i dont know how old the amp is and it still has the original tubes. that could be the problem alone. i just hope the amp isnt broken. oh and btw the bandit has been parted out, i'm using it as a testing cabinet now.
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ