I have a Marshall 15 CD. I was playing on it, not too loud, when all of a sudden the output stopped. And whenever I strum the guitar there is NO sound at all. I tried changing the cable, but even then. Any idea what has gone wrong?
er.. yeah I want to. That's the first thing that came to my mind. I opened up the case, but couldn't find it.. Where will it be located?
Hmm, after looking up some photos of it, it seems it doesn't have a fuse you can change from the outside. Can't find a schematic, so can't say if it's meant to have one internally or not. It should though, but if it doesn't, well then something could have been damaged...

Actually, I'm assuming that the power light is off, or is the unit still on but you're not getting sound?

And is there a chance that maybe a wire in your guitar has come off, if the answer to the last question is that the light is on. Just trying to work out all the possibilities here!
@Naked. Yeah I dont think it does. I've had it for close to 5 years now.

@Rokeman. Power light is ON. Cables are fine. I even checked with another guitar. But NO sound at all..
i think your screwed man...
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
I would run out and buy a new amp at this point, but if the budget is not there then I would:

-check fuses
-try the amp with other outlets
-try different guitar cables, guitars and amp power cables.
-Make sure that the + and - wires from the power section are actually attached to the speaker terminals.
-Make sure that the speaker terminal wires actually touch the voice coil (I've had one rip out of the voice coil during a jam, shit sucks.)
-Perhaps you have an effect in your chain that isn't true bypass and it's not letting the signal through because it's fried.

Some inspection points.
Quote by ad4422
I have a Marshall 15 CD. I was playing on it, not too loud, when all of a sudden the output stopped. And whenever I strum the guitar there is NO sound at all. I tried changing the cable, but even then. Any idea what has gone wrong?

'twas a sign from the heavens that you, ad4422, need to get a better amplifier.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Did it make a loud banging noise and leave a cloud of smoke?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Hmm... power light is on.... So could be an issue anywhere in the signal chain inside the amp. You could maybe find it yourself if you're confident with electronic troubleshooting, if not, well... if you don't have a friend that's good with circuits, and you really want the amp fixed, take it to a tech. Or maybe try and get an opinion free of charge from an expert to see what the problem could be and if it's worth fixing! Hope it goes well!
If you get it fixed make sure you take it to someone who knows what they are doing!!! I took my Bugera into an audio tech to get the reverb fixed and it cost me $200 when I thought it would be around $50.
Vypyr. Mustang. Cube.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212