I'm listening to some old guitar tracks I laid down for my band which broke up like 2 years ago.
Anywho, some of this stuff is awesome and I love it. I just wish I knew how to play it.

Has this ever happened to you / do you ever get this happening?
Yep, but now every time I get an idea for even a 3 second cool riff I put it down on guitar pro and dump it on this folder full of other cool ideas.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yep, but now every time I get an idea for even a 3 second cool riff I put it down on guitar pro and dump it on this folder full of other cool ideas.

Same.

In my bands we always tab everything down. I love tabbing stuff, it's a great exercise in songwriting and music theory.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
i record my ideas
i have a preety bad memory but a goodenough ear so i could at leat get the gist from everything

its some of the solos from when i was in the zone that i wish i could play lagain
lol usually I listen to something I did a year ago and I think "Christ this is chit" I hope I didn't convince to many people to hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Quote by KevinFreund
lol usually I listen to something I did a year ago and I think "Christ this is chit" I hope I didn't convince to many people to hear it.

This, exactly this
no, i can figure out how to play anything i've played, unless i'm just playing random combinations of notes.
Never had that problem.

I have these things called ears that allow me to pick apart anything note for note.