So I'm new to wiring guitars from scratch... I've repaired bit and bobs befor, but never fully wired a guitar.

So I was wondering if one of you fine people could do a quick, simple to read MS Paint drawing of how to re-wire my guitar.

It's a Hamer superstrat, twin humbuckers, 3 way 'blade' switch, one volume, one tone.

Now, I've got myself a Shadow Kill-Pot (which is confusing me to no end), CTS pot for tone, orange drop cap, switchcraft gold-plated jack, and an oak 3-way switch.

I intend to use the kill-pot for volume control.

So, as asked, if someone could produce a MS Paint diagram of how to wire these thugs together, I would be eternally gratefully, and will provide you with a life-time supply of e-cookies and Mickey-Love
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Here's the diagram for the wiring minus the killswitch: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w

As for the shadow kill pot, it should be wired like a regular pot but with contacts for a momentary push button added on the bottom. Looking at the wiring diagram, the output for the master volume should go into one side of this and then to the jack. The other side is grounded, this way it when it's pushed down it sends the hot to the ground. I could probably fire up ms paint if you want an integrated diagram. Also are your humbuckers 2 or 4 conductor?
Last edited by matt154 at Apr 10, 2011,
As of yet, I don't have the 'buckers I'm putting in.

However, I'l be using BKP Warpig and Painkiller.

A paint diagram would be SO useful, thank you.

The switch is the type with 4 tabs on each side (if you get me?? Hahah
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
Here i hope this is right:

I'm sending all the grounds to the lug in the kill switch for neatness but they probably won't all fit, you may have to put them all on the pot lug instead.

Also I'm modifying a seymour duncan diagram so you'll have to translate the color coding for you pups if you end up getting 4 conductor. Here's the conversion chart: http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/downloads/schematics/general/humbuckers/humbucker_colour_code_conversion_chart.pdf
Last edited by matt154 at Apr 10, 2011,
Yeah looks like it's usable...

Reckon I should wire it all up (mainly out of boredom) now, or wait till I get the actual pickups first???
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
haha i don't really think it matters, go for it if you want. Although the wiring tends to make more sense having the pickups around to know what goes where. Either way have fun with it. The pickups should sound great, which one is going where?
Warpig in the bridge, PK in the neck.

Gonna be an awesome sounding guitar IMO
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Awesome, i'd love to buy some bareknuckes but i'm broke at the moment. Should sound great though good luck...