Hey all.
I'm 14 and I can't even talk to other kids of my age about guitars.
Anyone had any experience with this when they were a kid?
I just wish I could talk to someone in person about guitars.
Any things I might go to in Holland?
Talking to people about guitars is boring.
Person 1: You got a guitar?
Person 2: Yeah, you?
Person 1: Yeah.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Oh no, people don't have the same hobby as you, burn the schools down TS.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm 14 and people come to me talking about guitars constantly, it annoys me because it doesn't really end up anywhere. Talk about stuff other people are interested in.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Yes.

It doesn't bother me though, if I want to talk about guitars I'll come here. But I usually end up talking about fapping and cumming blood when I come here.
Quote by Lateralus13
Find other people who play guitars, genius i know.

alleluia the next Messiah!
Make up an imaginary friend.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
well welcome to ultimate GUITAR!

EDIT: ninja'd

But you get the point..
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by white_ibanez10
alleluia

That sounds like a disease.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
It's kind of like me and my band. I'm the lead guitar and I'm also a real gear head, so I like to think I know a lot about my stuff. But the other guys I play with couldn't care less what they're playin' with. It's a bit disappointing, but hey, they still listen to me ramble on about it anyway :P
Which is exactly why I have an account here.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
For everyone saying welcome to ug.
I'm quoting myself especially for you:I just wish I could talk to someone in person about guitars.
Quote by liampje
For everyone saying welcome to ug.
I'm quoting myself especially for you:I just wish I could talk to someone in person about guitars.

Why?

Talking to people about guitar related stuff in person is pretty boring.
^ what we can't welcome you here?

Well you sir, are not welcome!

jk

well don't you know any other guitarists?
Quote by Duffman123
Yes.

It doesn't bother me though, if I want to talk about guitars I'll come here. But I usually end up fapping and cumming blood when I come here.

fixed

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I had the same problem when I was 14. I wanted to talk about birds, but no one else wanted to talk about birds... I was really sad.
Always talking about guitar ruins friendships. Been there, done that. Several times.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I rarely talk about guitars in person anymre.
Those conversations are just boring and all that happens is people orgasm over specs which don't serve any conversational function.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Apr 10, 2011,
head to the local mom and pop music shop. they love to talk gear there. i had the same problem as you, because at that age, most of my guitarist friends were more concerned with "hey look, i can play stairway! omg!" so, while they were going to guitar shops and trying to get attention, i was talking to the tech guys. now, most of them pay me to fix thier guitars. anyway, back to what i was saying: talking guitar stuff isn't boring if you're talking to guitarists with a high level of knowledge and professionalism. find a guy like that, and it will really help you out.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Always talking about guitar ruins friendships. Been there, done that. Several times.

I never talked about guitars.
I want to be able to talk about it.
Not non-stop or something.
Quote by sg dude 38
head to the local mom and pop music shop. they love to talk gear there. i had the same problem as you, because at that age, most of my guitarist friends were more concerned with "hey look, i can play stairway! omg!" so, while they were going to guitar shops and trying to get attention, i was talking to the tech guys. now, most of them pay me to fix thier guitars. anyway, back to what i was saying: talking guitar stuff isn't boring if you're talking to guitarists with a high level of knowledge and professionalism. find a guy like that, and it will really help you out.

Lol I only have 2 guitar friends and both don't really care what they play.
And 1 doesn't even play anymore.
The other doesn't play that much anymore because of homework etc.
Leaving me with nothing but this.
How can I meet people who play guitar which are my age.
And don't talk like can you play this or I'm getting this amp for my birthday.
More of discussing music theory discussing genres and discussing gear.
Not just saying I have this,for example like I like the Paul Gilbert airplane flanger because of the irregular swirl.
Depends on where in Holland you are from

Or you can go to the Dutch Thread
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
You're on Ultimate-Guitar.com. You're bound to find someone to talk to.

But really, i'm 15 and i found like 10 kids to talk about guitars with. Even though some were weird but we had something in common.
Quote by Cskills2112
It's kind of like me and my band. I'm the lead guitar and I'm also a real gear head, so I like to think I know a lot about my stuff. But the other guys I play with couldn't care less what they're playin' with. It's a bit disappointing, but hey, they still listen to me ramble on about it anyway :P

Yeah. I dont really talk to my bassist or keyboardist(WTF FOR POP PUNK? I know.) much about gear, but surprisingly, I talk to my drummer and his dad alot about guitar gear. They have just about every instrument. Balalaika, Dulcimer, Djembe, Bongos, Bass, Guitar, everything. He plays them all. So I talk to them about gear.

EDIT---
Also, I talk to a few other bands in our school about guitars. There are tons of them. And im 14, too.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Last edited by jakesc8 at Apr 10, 2011,