Today I had a horrible accident, not too sure what's happened but I quickly swapped the speaker cable on my 'Epiphone Triggerman 100h dsp' and from that moment on no sound has been cumming from my amp. I have tried everything and everything is not enough. I know the preamp section is working as I took the Effects send and inserted it into my tiny terror. but I think the power amp I broke because when I plug my guitar into the Effects return I get nothing.

Thanks for your help, is there anything I can try?
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

So you switched out a speaker cable when the amp was still turned on? Is that what you're saying?
yeh
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

why dya say that? What do you think is the problem?

Quote by jecox13
why dya say that? What do you think is the problem?

That is definitely the problem. You can't have an amp on without it being plugged into a speaker with the right impedance. Your amp is probably destroyed, at least the power section is. To fix it, you would at least need a new power transformer. I'm not sure if there's anything else you have to fix on a solid state amp, but the PT is probably the main problem.
it was unplugged for literally a second, might there be a fuse inside that could of blown?

How in the hell are you still alive?

Edit: Beaten to it. +1 to the dead power stage
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Last edited by Speckled_Hen at Apr 10, 2011,
Guys it's a solid state amp, that won't do anything.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
can someone please explain how it could of killed me

Quote by jecox13
it was unplugged for literally a second, might there be a fuse inside that could of blown?

It's not a fuse, it's your power section for sure. And if it was a tube amp, it could have killed you, but I don't think a solid state can do that.
Just curious, if it was a tube amp, how do you come in contact with the voltage? by tugging the cable?
Quote by oneblackened
Guys it's a solid state amp, that won't do anything.

Having no load on the amp won't do anything, but it's the action of unplugging the cable that probably did the amp in. The DC flyback from unplugging a cable, especially if you unplug the cab before the head, could kill a SS amp very quickly.
Quote by Roc8995
Having no load on the amp won't do anything, but it's the action of unplugging the cable that probably did the amp in. The DC flyback from unplugging a cable, especially if you unplug the cab before the head, could kill a SS amp very quickly.

That's true, I didn't think of that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.