http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxa84AF3ae8

this vid pretty much explains whats going on.
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
it doesnt have an effects loop. do i have to have an effects loop?
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
that sounds like feedback it mostly cause your in a small room
noise gate will help with that
the new tubes might also help with that a bit

sucks that you got a bad one ive heard nothing but praise from those amps
That's just feedback, don't put your master volume to max and try and face away from your amp when playing. As for the tube, I wouldn't have turned on the amp with a tube missing. If it was in any other position you could have possibly caused major damage to your amp.

The distortion will sound poor at low volumes simply because it's a tube amp and tube amps don't sound great at low volumes. Maybe you should read up on tube amps to get an idea on how they work.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by mikey_360 at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by thundermonty
it doesnt have an effects loop. do i have to have an effects loop?

you dont have an effects loop to my knowledge
but you could run the noise gate up front
i'm not going to run the amp any more because i dont want to damage it. the tubes rattle quite a bit and they are the original chinese ones. for all i know they can be 2 years old. or just a few months. i'm going to put 12at7's in v1 and v2 instead of the 12ax7's which should give me more clean headroom and less feedback. if that doesnt cut the feedback i'm gonna get an mxr smart gate.

the sonic stomp says to be last in the chain but so does the smart gate, so which should be last in my effects chain???

Two Notes Torpedo Live

One of the pres might be microphonic as well. Always a possibility with those cheap Chinese tubes. Try swapping them out.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
noise gate should probably be last to reduce as much noise s possible but you could switch out the two to see which you like best
yeah it's just a wait and see thing. i really hope i didnt get a lemon. that would really suck!

Two Notes Torpedo Live

any way to reduce the rattle i'm getting? or do i have to just wait and replace the tubes?

Two Notes Torpedo Live

yeah i just threw out all of the old chinese tubes. the amp is in pieces until i get the new ones.

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by Way Cool JR.
Don't crank the master and then adjust the preamp, that is more than likely why you are getting a lot of feedback.

Unless you're playing cookie monster stuff that's one of the best ways to run a master volume amp, IMO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Unless you're playing cookie monster stuff that's one of the best ways to run a master volume amp, IMO.

Depending on the amp I like to crank the pre-amp vol/gain then adjust master to volume. That could be different since you're using a lower wattage amp.

But either way works, it just taste.. Sounds like what everyone else is saying.
/rig
any diy mods for this amp?

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by mespinos

Depending on the amp I like to crank the pre-amp vol/gain then adjust master to volume. That could be different since you're using a lower wattage amp.

But either way works, it just taste.. Sounds like what everyone else is saying.

Actually I did that with my 50W JCM 800.

Master to 10, preamp gain to taste. Instant rock.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.