Page 1 of 3
searched didn't find anything specific on only butterfly knives.

just recently found out that they're legal in my state (rhode island). so i bought one and they are actually a lot of fun to "play" with. forgive me for saying play with a weapon. but there are actually a lot of different tricks you can do with them and it makes me feel like a kid with a yo-yo again.

so does anyone have a balisong. what do you guys think of them.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Had one, nearly cut my finger off, learned my lesson.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
They're illegal in UK, and to be honest I'm glad. They're ridiculous and easy to conceal which makes them more dangerous. We have enough knife crime as it is.

Use shuriken, they're far more "fun".
Quote by SkepsisMetal
They're illegal in UK, and to be honest I'm glad. They're ridiculous and easy to conceal which makes them more dangerous. We have enough knife crime as it is.

i personally think knives should be controlled similiar to guns, but in a way that doesn't restrict them as long as you aren't commiting crimes with them. my switchblade has scared off two people, one of which was trying to stalk my girlfriend in a bad area at 2 in the morning.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Illegal over here. We value human lives and distrust people who think knives are cool.

Quote by whyze250f
i personally think knives should be controlled similiar to guns, but in a way that doesn't restrict them as long as you aren't commiting crimes with them. my switchblade has scared off two people, one of which was trying to stalk my girlfriend in a bad area at 2 in the morning.

No, because then people can own a knife just because they haven't been caught yet.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 10, 2011,
Why not buy a yo-yo?

Edit: I personally dislike all knives except the ones you eat with. Find something that'll keep your fingers together.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by whyze250f

Strangely enough, it's a lot more difficult to commit a knife crime if people aren't allowed to have one in the first place
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Todd Hart
Illegal over here. We value human lives and distrust people who think knives are cool.

clearly didn't read my post above yours. im an out of state college student, who lives in a shitty area, not the worst but i've had my little run in's with people who didn't have good intentions. but anyway i would own a gun if i could but i'm out of state. and before you say well you shouldn't own a gun either. my dad is a retired police officer and i was taught the proper way to handle weapons from a very young age.

there are responsible people that carry weapons for self defense rather than committing crimes.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by whyze250f
clearly didn't read my post above yours. im an out of state college student, who lives in a shitty area, not the worst but i've had my little run in's with people who didn't have good intentions. but anyway i would own a gun if i could but i'm out of state. and before you say well you shouldn't own a gun either. my dad is a retired police officer and i was taught the proper way to handle weapons from a very young age.

there are responsible people that weapons for self defense rather than committing crimes.

Yes, but if banning knives prevents one death but causes 500 kids to get their iPods nicked then I'm all for their prohibition.

Nothing is equal in value to a human life. And besides, one day someone will try to mug you, you'll pull a knife and he'll pull a gun.
Quote by Todd Hart
Yes, but if banning knives prevents one death but causes 500 kids to get their iPods nicked then I'm all for their prohibition.

Nothing is equal in value to a human life. And besides, one day someone will try to mug you, you'll pull a knife and he'll pull a gun.

okay i can agree with you on that but if they were restricted to lets say people over the age of 21 with a clean criminal background with less restrictions on the type of knife it could still be beneficial compared to how the laws currently are where i live. it's all subjective though so i'll agree to disagree, because we could debate this all day and nothing would happen to better either one of our opinions.

and about getting mugged if someone pulled a gun on me i wouldn't even try to pull out my knife. i'd give them what they wanted.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by pigeonmafia
Strangely enough, it's a lot more difficult to commit a knife crime if people aren't allowed to have one in the first place

Exactly. And what happens when you pull a knife and so does the other guy? Not a situation I'D like to be in, I'll say.

On topic, knives are stupid. Learn a martial art. Way more fun.
I have never heard anyone call them balisongs
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
I have never heard anyone call them balisongs

It's the proper fillipino name for them, before the American soldiers from World War 2 brought them back home and changed the name
I have one, illegal over here.

Don't know why there are so many tools in here bashing knives thinking we're going to just stab someone. I somewhat collect knives, not so much super expensive ones, just like to have some variety.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I have one, no idea if it's illegal. This makes me want to play with it again. I used to be able to do a couply of tricks, but I definitely cut myself a few times haha
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by The_Casinator
Why would you need it?

Funzies
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by pigeonmafia
Strangely enough, it's not difficult to commit a knife crime if people aren't allowed to have one in the first place
Fixed that for you, sir.

I carry my darts to and from the pub, I could kill you with them. There's bricks in skips, they're lethal. When I'm working, I have to walk home with my toolkit, full of razors and screwdrivers.

And don't get me started on traffic cones.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by The_Casinator
Why would you need it?

Practice some things from various Silat form Martial Arts, for example, for collecting, because they are nice to look at. Why does anyone need anything?
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Use shuriken, they're far more "fun".

This
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by jetfuel495
How they're legal in Rhode Island and illegal in Texas is beyond me. This is Texas we're talking about.

I heard Texas has a "fast-pass" for death row now too.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by Dreadnought
Funzies

If stabbing someone doesn't seem fun for you, I think you have a good point.

If you think something is fun and it's legal, don't ever let anyone keep you away from it.
Quote by Tango616
I have one, illegal over here.

Don't know why there are so many tools in here bashing knives thinking we're going to just stab someone. I somewhat collect knives, not so much super expensive ones, just like to have some variety.

I don't think everyone with knives is going to stab someone. I think someone will, and seeing as our police forces lack the intelligence to be able to come up with preventative measures that are actually effect, indiscriminate banning is the best way to save people's lives.
I had a pretty cool one, it was stainless steel with abalone in the handles. but I sold it to my friend.
But I recently got a Bear and Son. They're pretty damn sweet.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by DGBnpiy
Philippines bro. mostly in asian countries.. high quality as shit. no joke

Yeah but they have made it illegal to import sharps into the uk now =[

But I have found a place to get a hand forged Katana from ^^
Knives? Pff, I use a sharpened stick with my naked body smeared in tiger blood to fend people off.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

a yo-yo sounds like more fun to me.

(goes to find old yo-yo)
now extra flamey
Quote by jetfuel495
How they're legal in Rhode Island and illegal in Texas is beyond me. This is Texas we're talking about.

They're legal in NH also. Along with switchblades.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
I have a couple, I'm not sure if they're legal or not but I don't really care. They're fun to play around with.
I have a couple of switchblades (which are legal because I have a cwp in my state for the guns I own). I used to have a butterfly knife but I'm pretty sure my ex-roommate nabbed it. He was into that kinda crap, had a bunch of random bladed weapons lol.

And no I'm not sure why these types of threads always fall apart into knives/guns/weapons = bad. But who knows I live in a different country then most of the people of that opinion, so I guess it's cultural. Then again some would say I live in an uncivilized place because it takes me less then 1 hour to purchase a semi-automatic handgun.

Sorry for the rant, but yeah they can be cool, I didn't know any tricks with mine though, figured I would just end up cutting off a tip of a finger or something so left it alone lol. I only bought it because it had this really ornate looking grip.
Quote by Dangertux
Then again some would say I live in an uncivilized place because it takes me less then 1 hour to purchase a semi-automatic handgun.

That's only because you have a concealed weapons permit, and IIRC, a semi-auto requires a different permit, and that costs like another $500.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by DaveM666

But I have found a place to get a hand forged Katana from ^^

if it's a proper japanese one, be prepared to shelf out 50-100k plus, a takumi made one is as expensive as a house (which makes sense, considering it's supposed to be your soul).

Also don't have one, illegal here anyway. gotta cut-throat though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Page 1 of 3