My cash is finally coming together. I will have £750 MAX to spend, I can't extend it any further.

I will be playing at home mainly, but probably gigging in the future. I do jam with a drummer occasionally. Would prefer the amps wattage to be around the 30 - 50 watt mark.

Looking almost exclusively at going used, no point paying nearly double for something new.

Happy with combo or head and cab

As for what I play, think a thick heavy british tone, lots of mids, tight bass, nice and saturated. Not too bothered about cleans, 2 channels would be preferred but not too bothered if it's only one. I play a lot of Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Guns N Roses, and a fair bit of classic rock. An FX loop is the only main feature I want (aside from standard EQ), though if the amp is amazing I could live without it. I play a lot of leads, and like a nice crunchy rhythm tone.

I've been looking at the Orange Thunder 30 and Blackstar Series One 45 (If i can find one used) so far.

TL;DR £750, Hard Rock, British tones, Wanting to go used, head + cab or combo, fx loop, bedroom, possible future gigging.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Apr 10, 2011,
I myself has got a Traynor YCV40 that I'm perfectly happy with, you should check one out if you can. You might need a pedal to get the tone you're after.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by bazo666
Traynor YCVB50, Thomann is getting them back in for about 400 pounds I think(:

edit: Link ^^
http://www.thomann.de/gb/traynor_custom_wave_ycv50b.htm

+1

though if you actually want to go used for £750 you could probably do better. But that traynor is a steal for £400 new, plus a 3-year warranty.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The features of that Traynor are very impressive for the price, but could I not get something a fair bit better for £750 on the used market. I see a lot of expensive amps go for nearly half price used on ebay/gumtree, so I could get something worth around £1200ish if I'm lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120687798073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I'm wishing I'd bought this the other day ha, just saw it in my watch list. It comes with a 4x12 celestion loaded cab as well and I only live an hour away.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
yeah probably.

You wouldn't get much better for £750 new (that's roughly what they cost when they used to have a distributor here in the UK), but yeah, for £750 s/h, you should be looking to get something more in the £1250 price bracket new, which should be a bit better than the traynor.

bogner shiva?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Vox night train 50 nails all the tones that you want I dont remember its price though its less than 750 thats for sure