'Sup GG&A,

So, I just bought myself a load of new stuff that I really don't need, but just wanted to get anyway. I feel like an idiot, lol. What did I buy?

-An ENGL E530 Preamp. I've been wanting a new amp, just for a change, for some time, and I've also been intrigued with rack equipment for some time. A guy was giving a decent deal on his own (350€ - 479€ for a new one on Thomann), so there you go.

-A TC. Electronics G-major 2. I've been sick of my Boss Me-20 for the last 2 years or so, and have been wanting a new multi-fx unit. Since I've been wanting to try out building a rack, this seemed like a logical choice. I like the sound clips I've heard and it's been getting a lot of positive reviews, so yeah. Got it for 391€ on Thomann - it was a customer return (with full warranty, of course), and I thought to get it while I can, since a new one is 435€.

-A pair of Shure SRH 750 DJ headphones. Also been wanting for a new pair of phones for a long time now, with key features being that they're versatile - good for listening to music with an Mp3 player as well as decent enough for some more serious use, like recording and mixing. Also I wanted something that wouldn't look stupid as shit, so I could actually walk outside with them without being laughed at. I read several reviews on these, and they seem to match all my criteria. People have been giving them credit for being just as good for listening an iPod and in professional use. At 119€ it's not an absolute wallet killer, either, so I can probably sell them if I don't like them.

Generally speaking, all of that stuff I can just sell if I dislike it - I'll lose a little, but that's life. Just wondering how I spent 860€ on stuff I really don't need, and don't even feel bad about myself - just a bit dumb, I guess. If that makes sense. Don't even know why I felt the need to share this with you all.

I'll hopefully be making offical NAD and NFXD for the ENGL and the G-major once they reach me - hopefully I'll be able to record some killer sound clips for it.

Peace.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
why didn't you give it to me?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
the engl and G-major are very nice things to have. I really like the way a 530 sounds, it's not as high gain as the other engl's I've tried. The G-major my room mate has and it's super nice. I think you'll like it.

If you don't have a power amp you'll need one if you want to use it with a cab. (the e530 that is)
Quote by Chad11491
the engl and G-major are very nice things to have. I really like the way a 530 sounds, it's not as high gain as the other engl's I've tried. The G-major my room mate has and it's super nice. I think you'll like it.

If you don't have a power amp you'll need one if you want to use it with a cab. (the e530 that is)

My Bugera 6262-212 has a nice 120-watt tube power amp, I think I'll be fine <;

Also, doesn't the ENGL have a built-in solid state stereo power amp? 2x1,5 watts, I think it was? : O
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Apr 10, 2011,