What should do to my new fender to make it sound and feel better. Its a mim Hss. Maple fret board. What i want is to have that wore away look like Andy something from GW. But have my fret board have them worn look.

How to make it better i mean by saddle. bridge,pick ups, etc what can i replace to make it sound that much better.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
the pickups and bridge tone block will make the biggest difference when upgraded. I'd get a brass tremolo block (about 15-30 bucks) and then I'd get some new pickups put in there, depending on what kind of music you like.

your fretboard will get that "worn" look just by playing it, really it just is dirty for the most part.
Id keep the guitar as is for a while if you have just bought it, unless theres something you dont like about it.

Essentially with any guitar, you can upgrade the electonics, the tuners and the bridge. Unless your having tuning issues electronics is where its at, pickups pots and wiring.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
I don't like th neck pick up buzz. I play blues. I dont like the humbucker to be more rocker little more punch think slash page.

Bands i like is
bb king
albert king
eric clapton
jimi hendrix
led zep and all the classic rock bands and 80s bands. Newer blues bands too

Also current bands like breaking bend and stuff like that.I like the neck pick up and the humbucker. I dont know how to use the middle pick up. I know the neck is more bluesy and humbucker is well humbucker.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Apr 10, 2011,
You could try shielding the cavity if you don't like the neck pickup buzz. See - http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
http://www.artandtechnology.com.au/guitar/shielding-strat.html

And if you play the guitar for a long time it'll get that worn look. I wouldn't advise totally neglecting it though, just to get that look. IMO a worn guitar is only cool if it's old. I can't stand when people intentionally relic guitars to get the look. Just play it and love it like your baby for a crap-ton of years and it'll get there.
How much do the noiseless pick ups cost?

i like the warn look. I plan on having it fo a while. Im not gonna beat piss out of it for that reason. Its a mim. I thought only the expensive ones deserve the love for so many years

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
if the fretboard is maple, it's going to have some poly on it, but any mim neck has poly on the neck as well, rosewood fretboards dont get sealed though.

but i was talking about the body, its just a super thick poly finish, so it wont wear, at most, itll just crack and maybe chip.

im stripping mine as soon as i get it
I have the Lonestar Strat. Also MIM but I'd put it right up with the MIA's in terms of sound and playability. I play almost the exact same stuff as you do so for electronics I'd say swap yours out for the Lonestar ones. The SD Pearly gates bridge humbucker is a BEAST. Provides all the fantastic overdriven tones I need. The texas special single coils are noiseless, and they use the exact same ones in the SRV signature strat.

The synchronized trem holds tuning pretty well so I don't think you should worry about replacing it. If you don't use it, then blocking the trem wouldn't be a bad thing since it will give you a little more sustain.

As far as making it look older...keep it for a long time. Let it acquire that look through playing a lot. Artificial relic jobs just don't have the same character that comes from using the same axe day after day for years.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If you really want to treat yourself htis is, IMO, the best bridge for a strat is the Wilkinson VS100C Convertible Bridge. I think they're discontinued but there'll still be some floating around.
Basically it's a Wilkinson Tremolo, but it's also lockable, all you do is let the arm drop down...pulling the arm back up releases it and makes it floating again, really clever design. Failing that upgrading to one of the more standard Wilkinson bridges is still a worthwhile upgrade.

Locking tuners are always a help on a strat, as far as pickups go that really depends on the type of sound you're looking for. I know you like your classic rock and metal so you might want to put a beefier pickup in the bridge, maybe a Duncan Custom Custom or a Dimarzio Breed, they'd both be great for the stuff you play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have an american standard strat and i dont like the sound of the bridge or middle pickup what do you suggest i change it to? I play hard rock, rock, blues, and clean stuff sometimes. I need a pickup that goes well on a distortion setting though.
Quote by silly6-string
What should do to my new fender to make it sound and feel better. Its a mim Hss. Maple fret board. What i want is to have that wore away look like Andy something from GW. But have my fret board have them worn look.

How to make it better i mean by saddle. bridge,pick ups, etc what can i replace to make it sound that much better.

Don't give it the worn treatment, you'll regret it sooner or later

What's wrong with the way it sounds now? If you can't think of what needs improvement then you probably don't need to replace anything
Quote by Jbeats
I have an american standard strat and i dont like the sound of the bridge or middle pickup what do you suggest i change it to? I play hard rock, rock, blues, and clean stuff sometimes. I need a pickup that goes well on a distortion setting though.

i suggest you change it to a new thread

and yeah, dont try to artificially wear it down
always looks like shit
If you are not happy with the sound and look of your NEW guitar and you are still within the return window, take it back and look for another guitar that fits you better. Modding a new guitar to make it look old when the sound doesn't fit you, isn't a good plan.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77