I've working on this song for a while, its still a work in progress, I have yet to add bass and I'm starting to add in keyboard. Originally I considered my music, melodic death metal, but now its kinda progressing into its own style. So, I want YOU to tell me when genre you think it is. Also leave some comments about what you think about the song (I'll gladly return them if you leave a link ) The song is called Wasted Life, heres the link:

http://www.reverbnation.com/sealingthefate
Sounds to me like plain ol' melodic death metal, with uncharacteristic vocals, and darker influneces (maybe a bit black).
the song sounds pretty cool, pretty good sounds.
but i have to say that the riffs and lyrics are a bit generic, and the guitar playing needs some work - it is sometimes sloppy.
but there is definitely lots of potential in this, the song is in a good direction and i really enjoyed the vocals.
Keep it up, your stuff is pretty good.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424521 crit back? ty
I guess not then maybe it is just melodeath lol, but this just a scratch version I'm still working on it and I'm beginning to add keyboard and its turning out pretty well.
It definitely has potential. If you wouldn't mind, when it's all done send em to me again? Not to judge, but to enjoy!
Quote by Rawshik
It definitely has potential. If you wouldn't mind, when it's all done send em to me again? Not to judge, but to enjoy!

yeah, i would like listening to it again when its done
its good, theres a little to much tremelo on "Wasted life" the rhythm needs a little work, try making it more catchy, for instance on in flames The Jester Race album, there wasnt as much tremelo as there was groovish catchier riffs, and if there is tremelo riff try to get a rhythm guitar playing something more catchy in the background, just a suggestion. Vocals arent bad though.
ya in the new version we got rid of that tremelo intro in 3 posts higher is the link to the new intro We haven't finished all the keyboard yet
Quote by semus

but i have to say that the riffs and lyrics are a bit generic, and the guitar playing needs some work - it is sometimes sloppy.

How can you tell? all i can hear is the double bass drum pedal.
Hey man, thanks for the comment on my Linkin Park cover haha!

I'm not a huge Death Metal fan, so take my crit with a grain of salt!

The guitars sounded really good to me, the drums however... I wasn't a fan of the kick drum, i think you should try to make it have more of a "clicking" sound, that would be better IMO. Other than that the drums were pretty good, the snare was kind of loud though. I think it will sound even better with a Bass guitar in there to thicken it up, but nice work so far man! Vocals weren't really my thing but like I said, that's just cuz I don't really listen to much death metal
Sounds like Melodic Death Metal to me. Vocals are pretty good too.
"Down the dark decades of you're pain, this will seem like a memory of Heaven."
i have kind of grown out of this type of music. because it has become so stagnant and popular. now dont take that the wrong way, im just stating where i stand so my crit makes more sense to you and you dont take it the wrong way...

i may have grown out of it in a way but i still like it. my only beef with this song is that it just has that old school really hard to pinpoint instruments type recording. whether it is intentional or not makes a difference. if it were recorded more clearly (dont have to lose that old-school organic sound) I would like it even more. the riffs are good, the drumming is good and the vocals are good too. i think its a good tune and you guys definately will succeed in the metal scene if you want to. rock!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437344